MySunrise271
Established Contributor
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Comenity Bank to become new NFL fan centric credit card issuer

Comenity is affiliated with Alliance Data Systems huh-Never knew Comenity was part of a bigger corporation.

Message 2 of 19
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

It's been so long since I've heard of the NFL CC that I forgot who the previous lender was.

I'll stayed tuned to see what Comenity has in store with this when it comes out.

Thanks OP!

Message 3 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ChargedUp wrote:

It's been so long since I've heard of the NFL CC that I forgot who the previous lender was.

I'll stayed tuned to see what Comenity has in store with this when it comes out.

Thanks OP!

Used to be issued by Barclays.

Message 4 of 19
Goos
Regular Contributor

This great news for NFL fans as Barclays is Barclays . I will be excited to dust of my Kansas City Chiefs card and grow it since Barclays was never interested . 

Message 5 of 19
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

Thanks OP!

Yeah, I had the Barclays NFL card 5-6 years ago. I love football but about the only rewards was for over priced NFL merchandise, so I snagged the sign-up bonus and then used the 15 month 0% BT to pay off a Propser loan & saved a bunch of interest. And then I dumped it. But I doubt a Commenity NFL card will be much of an improvement. 

Message 6 of 19
Goos
Regular Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

Thanks OP!

Yeah, I had the Barclays NFL card 5-6 years ago. I love football but about the only rewards was for over priced NFL merchandise, so I snagged the sign-up bonus and then used the 15 month 0% BT to pay off a Propser loan & saved a bunch of interest. And then I dumped it. But I doubt a Commenity NFL card will be much of an improvement. 

I see the perk being able to grow the limit . And probably some sorta rewards points to get discounts on merch or tickets . But mainly a less conservative liberal lender . 

Message 7 of 19
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

Thanks OP!

Yes I had the card too. I remember it fondly because it inspired me to buy a Jacksonville Jaguars sweatshirt, which was priced at a very deep discount back then Smiley Happy 

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I don't know if this is a good move or not, no expericne with Comenity, I do find it odd that the NFL used Barclays as their Bank of choice with so many U.S. based FI's that existed. 

Message 9 of 19
Goos
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

While I don't know if this is a good move or not, no expericne with Comenity, I do find it odd that the NFL used Barclays as their Bank of choice with so many U.S. based FI's that existed. 

I believe it was originally from juniper . Could be wrong but I believe that's who started the NFL card.  If cardless had picked this up it would have been huge for them and first electronic bank . 

As far as good or not , it should be better for the NFL as there should be an uptick in approvals for the card as Barclays is so weird sometimes . But people who worry about status symbols maybe turned off as people tend to think what bank their card is issued by defines them as a person.  But I believe the product will become more adopted with comenity rewards could be good or bad but probably NFL centric as opposed to cash back.  It's a wait and see but for the NFL I think it's a great move.  

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.