Did you mean: 

Confession of Judgement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confession of Judgement

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-confessions-of-judgment/

Wow this is scary stuff.

Wondering if this can happen in NJ, for personal debt not business debt, and what the statute of limitations is on this if any.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Confession of Judgement

Interesting, and I would agree that is scary for anyone, including the people in the example.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

At some point either the lender or the marshall or both will run into a series of accidents. caused by knowing the wrong crowd 

Years ago I heard possible wife's tail about a predatory lender that was  given the chance to pick who was shot first and the order between his wife, 3 kids and his parents.  In the story he was made to watch all of them die and had to tell each right before they were shot it was because he did somethng very bad to to wrong person.  How much is true I will never know but given the source it could be. 

Message 3 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

What the hell is wrong with the NY Court system that allows these legalized theft "confession of judgements"?????
:

Message 4 of 8
Glen_M
Frequent Contributor

They're making money off it.  The court offices etc. are all taking a slice with their own fees.  

If someone paid you $40 every time you stampd a piece of paper, and the more your stamped the more they handed you, it would seem like a pretty sweet deal ... so long as you don't ask any questions about what is on those documents. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some people are more valuable to humanity as fertilizer than as humans.

Message 6 of 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Some people are more valuable to humanity as fertilizer than as humans.

My preferred sarcasm for a dispicable person is: That's the sperm cell that won????

Message 7 of 8
trusty
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-confessions-of-judgment/

Wow this is scary stuff.

Wondering if this can happen in NJ, for personal debt not business debt, and what the statute of limitations is on this if any.

Great article. But, this is obviously just a huge forgery and fraud scheme, that needs to be taken down with extreme prejudice.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.