Anonymous
Not applicable

Consumer Reports: Be Wary of New Scoring

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: Consumer Reports: Be Wary of New Scoring

Give the CRA's access to my actual banking account information...nope!!! It is almost as unlikely as me giving a credit card issuer a 4506-T...also not happening. They already receive more information on me than I like. The article does say that those with good credit will not benefit from it anyway, but I have not seen anything to indicate that not bouncing checks will improve someones chances of not defaulting on debt. This does indeed sound like it might set up another future bank bail-out. Did they learn nothing from the mortgage lending practices that caused the last bail-out? These so-called too big to fail banks need to stop figuring out ever riskier ways to put the banks funds at risk if they are going to expect the taxpayers to bail them out when their gamble fails.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed
Message 3 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Not happening with me, ever.

Message 4 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing this article. 

I’m glad people have to opt in and I’m glad I’m not in the pool of people who may need this. It’s no way I want a third-party having access to my banking info. I can already envision the hackers finding a way to get access to all that goldmine of info. No thanks.  

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@sarge12 wrote:

Give the CRA's access to my actual banking account information...nope!!! It is almost as unlikely as me giving a credit card issuer a 4506-T...also not happening. They already receive more information on me than I like. The article does say that those with good credit will not benefit from it anyway, but I have not seen anything to indicate that not bouncing checks will improve someones chances of not defaulting on debt. This does indeed sound like it might set up another future bank bail-out. Did they learn nothing from the mortgage lending practices that caused the last bail-out? These so-called too big to fail banks need to stop figuring out ever riskier ways to put the banks funds at risk if they are going to expect the taxpayers to bail them out when their gamble fails.

Ditto 100 times. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instead of having consumers give access to their bank accounts 😱, it would be much safer and make more sense to just have cell phone companies and utilities report to the bureaus directly.
It's a bit one-sided that they only report when something is negative. Verizon and the others should do monthly reporting.

Why would you have the most vulnerable give their most sensitive info?
Message 7 of 10
sarge12
Senior Contributor

In my experience, as soon as others find out you have money in the bank, some crook tries to get that money. I already have enough trips won, enough computer repair, and IRS threats. I sure miss the days when most people wanted to earn their money honestly, rather than steal it from those who had lost some of their mental health after a liftime of hard work. I hope that there is a special place in hell for these scammers.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 8 of 10
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

@sarge12 wrote:

Completely agree with everything you've said but you left out the CRA's are the ones that have so many holes in their security that you could drive a MacTruck through it, no way I'm going to voluntarily give them any additional information 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

XtraCredit good read! Want to remind the MyFicoer's that Early Warning Systems (likely there are others out there) is a place where some banks already drop all of your monthly (or more) banking activities (checking account debits and credits - all of them). In truth, I was totally shocked when I pulled my Early Warning Systems Report! Shocked!!! We were concerned about the Equifax Data Breach? How about an Early Warnings System Data Breach and you cannot FREEZE Early Warning Systems as they are an "information gatherer"! Smiley Mad

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.