Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumer Reports on the Hidden Costs of Credit Score Apps

tag
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

Consumer Reports on the Hidden Costs of Credit Score Apps

myFICO and the other credit score apps don't fare very well in this recent article by Consumer Reports!

Not having read all the fine print associated with these apps, I wonder how many of us realize all the personal information we're giving them permission to collect?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Consumer Reports on the Hidden Costs of Credit Score Apps

I have two apps. Creditwise and Experian. I'm seriously considering closing down their apps after reading this article. 

Message 2 of 8
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@ridgebackpilot wrote:

myFICO and the other credit score apps don't fare very well in this recent article by Consumer Reports!

Not having read all the fine print associated with these apps, I wonder how many of us realize all the personal information we're giving them permission to collect?

Great article, great read. Thanks so much for sharing. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 8
TIPPY-BOB
Regular Contributor

@ridgebackpilot Great article! Thanks 🙏 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for sharing. 

Message 5 of 8
805orbust
Valued Contributor

So I'm wondering if simply deleting the app releases you from those agreements. It's GOTTA be more complicated than that. We all know how these companies are.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never use any of those. The more you share your personal financial data, the more you increase your chances of having that data exposed in a data breach. 

Message 7 of 8
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous you are absolutely right.  None of these firms can be trusted.  I haven't and refused to unlock Equifax for anyone for the rest of my life.  Gonna make my next mortgage interesting and I guess I'll have to alter my position but if it were up to me I'd keep it all to myself.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.