tag
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Consumer credit growth in March slowest in six months as credit-card use drops

I wonder what the drivers are and how long it will last?🙂

4 REPLIES 4
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Consumer credit growth in March slowest in six months as credit-card use drops

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/consumer-credit-growth-in-march-slowest-in-six-months-as-credit-ca...

It seems that while student loans and auto loans increased, Credit Card debt decreased. Perhaps consumers are being more responsible or perhaps due to the higher employment - income numbers folks are paying down their debt. There are a lot of perhaps, but given the amount of personal and government debt, I consider this to be good news. 

Message 2 of 5
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Re: Consumer credit growth in March slowest in six months as credit-card use drops

Definitely a good thing 🤗
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The increase in Student Loans could be worrisome, there are already plenty of unemployed Graduates still with unpaid Student Loans.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I have one living in my basement...she can't figure out why a 2.05 GPA with a communications major didn't land her a high-paying job?!?  I've been telling her since she was a freshman in HS, "work hard now, it'll determine the trajectory of your whole adult life".  

Kids...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.