cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumers are getting approved for credit cards again after pandemic lull, new TransUnion report fin

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Consumers are getting approved for credit cards again after pandemic lull, new TransUnion report fin

Consumers are getting approved for credit cards again after pandemic lull, new TransUnion report finds

https://www.cnbc.com/select/transunion-q1-2021-industry-insights-report-credit-card-approvals/

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Consumers are getting approved for credit cards again after pandemic lull, new TransUnion report

Yes they most certainly are lending again. This has been a very productive month for me with new cards and CLIs on existing ones lol. The approval I just got today is so unreal I'm waiting for the card to show up before I celebrate because it feels like a mistake even after calling the AMEX business customer service to verify that the income I put on the application was, in fact, correct. I've gotten all four cards I applied for (there would be a fifth but Wells Fargo's system glitched and messed the whole thing up) with better limits than I expected on all four and I also got two CLIs, one was 2.5x and the other was 3.5x. 

Message 2 of 9
805orbust
Valued Contributor

Re: Consumers are getting approved for credit cards again after pandemic lull, new TransUnion report

I definitely was part of that. I havent applied for anything for 4 years and opened 3 new accounts in December. One to replace a Discover It, one to buy a new truck (long story) and an NFCU Platinum to xfer DW balances so I could give her the instant score bump and remove interest while I knocked out the balances.

There was an article on here stating that credit card debt was going down, that's DEFINITELY the case in our house. Over the first 6 months of the pandemic we paid down a silly amount of Cc debt. Hard to believe it got so out of hand but... under 9% from here on. Except when planning a mortgage app.

Message 3 of 9
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes they most certainly are lending again. This has been a very productive month for me with new cards and CLIs on existing ones lol. The approval I just got today is so unreal I'm waiting for the card to show up before I celebrate because it feels like a mistake even after calling the AMEX business customer service to verify that the income I put on the application was, in fact, correct. I've gotten all four cards I applied for (there would be a fifth but Wells Fargo's system glitched and messed the whole thing up) with better limits than I expected on all four and I also got two CLIs, one was 2.5x and the other was 3.5x. 

You've lit it up this month! Looking forward to that approval post, good luck.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 4 of 9
mgood
Valued Contributor

Yeah, me too. Hadn't applied for anything in a few years. December to May I got five CC approvals and a few CLIs.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 24
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow @Anonymous , definitely looking forward to your success post about all that. Congrats in advance Smiley Happy

I also agree on the approvals. My last six months have been lucrative as well.

American Express Platinum NPSL

NFCU Platinum $3000

FNBO Prime Visa $9400

PenFed PCR $8750

NFCU cashRewards Visa Signature $25,000

Apple Card $3000

Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol i dont agree haha, all i get is rejection after rejection . Then again my income is so low , Saeren looks like a KingSmiley Wink.  

Message 7 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Good to see the credit market is loosening again after how twisted everything originally got.

        
Message 8 of 9
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@SouthJamaica That's good news . . . Thanks for posting!!!

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.