smittyboy020
Contributor

Costco Anywhere Visa!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Costco Anywhere Visa!!

Wow, that card is seriously nice for the vast majority of consumers.  4% for gas, 3% restaurants.: not far off the 5% Gas pinnacle and 3% is the best one can do on restaurants CB anyway unless you're a member of SSFCU.  Sweet CB rewards structure to be sure.

        
Message 2 of 11
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Wow, that card is seriously nice for the vast majority of consumers.  4% for gas, 3% restaurants.: not far off the 5% Gas pinnacle and 3% is the best one can do on restaurants CB anyway unless you're a member of SSFCU.  Sweet CB rewards structure to be sure.

One thing that I think makes this card even stronger against other 5% gas cards is that you can use it at Costco and the gas will count. (Some others don't count warehouse gas stations and Costco usually has the cheapest gas, making up the 1% difference of going to different gas stations)

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 3 of 11
Superpet39
Regular Contributor

If only I saw this before the spree I just went on 😤……………since citi already denied me a card (in my spree I app'd for a diamond preferred) I know I'll have to wait until November (21 of 23 Inq's fall off in October) before I can get this..... I do a ton of shopping at Costco and usually pay cash

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anybody have an inkling of how this affects age of accounts?  It says it transfers all the account details but will this include account age? 

My Costco AMEX is my oldest card and until recently only card.  I'm a AU on a couple of my wife's cards they didn't show up on my last credit pull.  A couple weeks ago, I just got a BankAmaricard Travel Card to do our heavy lifting because of its rewards with bonuses for having my accounts at BofA. (It looks like I'm going to use the Costco Visa at everywhere but Costco apparently.)  It would really suck for me for my revolving credit go from an AAoA from 10 years to 0 as I'm shoppng for a mortgage. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anybody have an inkling of how this affects age of accounts?  It says it transfers all the account details but will this include account age? 

My Costco AMEX is my oldest card and until recently only card.  I'm a AU on a couple of my wife's cards they didn't show up on my last credit pull.  A couple weeks ago, I just got a BankAmaricard Travel Card to do our heavy lifting because of its rewards with bonuses for having my accounts at BofA. (It looks like I'm going to use the Costco Visa at everywhere but Costco apparently.)  It would really suck for me for my revolving credit go from an AAoA from 10 years to 0 as I'm shoppng for a mortgage. 

I'm sorry that I don't recall the source, but I read somewhere that the account transfer will not change your AAoA at all.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You cannot cold app for this card yet, can you?

Message 7 of 11
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Sounds pretty decent

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder what the credit score range is for this card. A few months back, I went on a CC app spree, thinking that multiple pulls on the same day would only count as one pull - that was not the case. I have to wait a couple of years for that crap to drop off. And I'd like this new card, too! 

Message 9 of 11
pc01user
Frequent Contributor

So I thought Capital One was Costco credit card issuer? Does they get replaced?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.