Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Bureaus to Stop Reporting Tax Liens in April 2018

tag
Effielin
New Contributor

Re: Credit Bureaus to Stop Reporting Tax Liens in April 2018

I disputed on Experian and TU web site. Reason that I gave was balance being incorrect, which it was, but Experian didn't care one bit about that when I disputed it last month.

Message 11 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just by coincidence I happened to open a trial subscription to Experian CreditWorks Premium two weeks ago. So when I went to the Experian Dispute Center and entered my personal information their system immediately recognized me as an existing account holder.  The dispute form had a few pre-filled dispute reasons so I selected "Lien Withdrawn" and for further comment I added "Lien settled through agreement with the IRS" and submitted the dispute form without any supporting documentation just after 5 p.m. on Friday.  By midnight I got an alert about e-mail from Experian so I logged into my account and saw that the lien had been deleted.

Interestingly enough, my credit score is unchanged and my Experian credit report still shows the public record.  I guess I'll know for sure about the lien deletion when Experian updates my report overnight.

Lien Deletion.jpg

I haven't filed a dispute with TransUnion yet.  I have a free TrueIdentity (TransUnion) credit monitoring account but for some reason their system is not allowing me to use that account information to log in so I'll probably file a dispute with them by phone. 

Thanks to @Effielin for posting about his/her results which prompted me to file a dispute instead of waiting for action by the credit reporting agencies.

Message 12 of 89
thornback
Senior Contributor

Amazing!  Congrats.  I'm glad you didn't wait for April too.  Your EX report / score should reflect the change at 12am PST  (I use CreditWorks).  

@Anonymouswrote:

Just by coincidence I happened to open a trial subscription to Experian CreditWorks Premium two weeks ago. So when I went to the Experian Dispute Center and entered my personal information their system immediately recognized me as an existing account holder.  The dispute form had a few pre-filled dispute reasons so I selected "Lien Withdrawn" and for further comment I added "Lien settled through agreement with the IRS" and submitted the dispute form without any supporting documentation just after 5 p.m. on Friday.  By midnight I got an alert about e-mail from Experian so I logged into my account and saw that the lien had been deleted.

Interestingly enough, my credit score is unchanged and my Experian credit report still shows the public record.  I guess I'll know for sure about the lien deletion when Experian updates my report overnight.

Lien Deletion.jpg

I haven't filed a dispute with TransUnion yet.  I have a free TrueIdentity (TransUnion) credit monitoring account but for some reason their system is not allowing me to use that account information to log in so I'll probably file a dispute with them by phone. 

@Anonymous to @Effielin for posting about his/her results which prompted me to file a dispute instead of waiting for action by the credit reporting agencies.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 13 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so pleased that I'll have no problem staying up for another hour to see the results of the lien deletion when CreditWorks updates. I'm generally a procrastinator so I'm really glad I filed the dispute immediately although I didn't expect any action so quickly.

@thornbackwrote:

Amazing!  Congrats.  I'm glad you didn't wait for April too.  Your EX report / score should reflect the change at 12am PST  (I use CreditWorks).  

@Anonymouswrote:

Lien Deletion.jpg

@Anonymous to @Effielin for posting about his/her results which prompted me to file a dispute instead of waiting for action by the credit reporting agencies.

Message 14 of 89
thornback
Senior Contributor

Haha... I have stayed up til 3am many nights just to see an updated score (there was one time I was so tired that I actually set my alarm so could check it and go back to sleep happy).  

@Anonymouswrote:

I'm so pleased that I'll have no problem staying up for another hour to see the results of the lien deletion when CreditWorks updates. I'm generally a procrastinator so I'm really glad I filed the dispute immediately although I didn't expect any action so quickly.

@thornbackwrote:

@Anonymous

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 15 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks; I was not aware that they updated at 12 a.m. PST...  I usually check at 9 a.m Central figuring that accounts for sure would be updated by start of business on the East Coast.   I work overnights but for some reason I left work early tonight and was just home relaxing when I got the e-mail alert. Hopefully I'll go to sleep happy too.

@thornbackwrote:

Haha... I have stayed up til 3am many nights just to see an updated score (there was one time I was so tired that I actually set my alarm so could check it and go back to sleep happy).  

@Anonymouswrote:

@thornbackwrote:

@Anonymous

Message 16 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked; the lien is not on my Experian report and my score increased by 24 points.  I'll tackle TransUnion later today during business hours.

Message 17 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got distracted earlier today and did not file the dispute with TransUnion until just after 12 p.m. today (3/24), not expecting any response until Monday at the soonest.  Three hours later I received an e-mail stating that they had completed their investigation and that I should log on to their Dispute Center to see the results.  After a few anxious moments the report updated and I saw that the lien was deleted from my TU credit report.

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 3.19.08 PM.jpg

So the IRS lien was removed from both my Experian and TransUnion credit reports after about 10 minutes of work. I could not be happier at the result.  Tomorrow I'll spend $1 and open a trial subscription at CreditCheckTotal to pull my 3B reports ...hopefully I'll get the same 24 points on TU as I got on EQ.

Message 18 of 89
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much for sharing!!   I have filed a dispute, I have one showing on one report.  Crazy.  And my hubby has like 5.  I couldnt get TU to confirm his identity, so that will have to wait till tomorrow.  Experian warned me it might take a month for the dispute to be resolved.  Equifax made it sound like they were on top of it and were going to get started on the dispute asap.  I will definately update this thread.  

Thank you again so much!!!   

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 19 of 89
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Well this works.  Experian has deleted my one tax lien and my hubbys 5 tax liens.  I couldnt be more excited. 

Thanks again.  So much.

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 20 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.