Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Bureaus to Stop Reporting Tax Liens in April 2018

tag
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Bureaus to Stop Reporting Tax Liens in April 2018

Haha... thank you! And yes, I'm just glad it was removed.  Plus....  a great sense of accomplishment comes with beating them at their own crooked game 😊

@Anonymous wrote:

I know it's gotta be a kick in the gut, tmr!

But, at least it's off.

Congrats on your success!!

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 41 of 89
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I will give EQ and TU till the end of the week of the 16th to remove the lien. Then I will upload their own letter stating they will be removing liens, and file another complaint/dispute.

Ive been patient long enough, and mine has been paid for 4 1/2 yrs as well. EX deleted it immediately once it was paid years ago, but Ive been battling EQ and TU since then.
Message 42 of 89
FirstAscent
Regular Contributor

That’s my plan too! However, does EQ have a letter too? I only saw a letter posted by EX and TU.

@pizza1 wrote:
I will give EQ and TU till the end of the week of the 16th to remove the lien. Then I will upload their own letter stating they will be removing liens, and file another complaint/dispute.

Ive been patient long enough, and mine has been paid for 4 1/2 yrs as well. EX deleted it immediately once it was paid years ago, but Ive been battling EQ and TU since then.

Current Score: EQ 708 | TU ??? | EX 714
Score highs: EQ 715 | TU 704 | EX 718 (02/2020)
Starting Score: EQ 616 | TU 614 | EX 585 (02/18/2018)
Goal Score: 740
Message 43 of 89
CreditBob
Established Contributor

New changes take place in three days

Message 44 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 3 paid and released liens that I am raying they remove this week. Anyone know how long we should wait for them to actually disappear? Expeian poofed them in one day but Equifax and Transunion only changed them to "released" but they are still on the dang report. I'd like to see then go away!

Message 45 of 89
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

Here's where the rubber meets the road. My hubby has 4 paid fed tax liens. And one completely insane amount unpaid fed tax lien. I have cct and will check starting tomorrow. We also have a couple monitoring services. Let's see if anything pops up there. I can't wait to see his scores get better. Ex took the liens off and his score went to almost 700. Very happy for him. And a giant pat on the back for me. Smiley Wink

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 46 of 89
FirstAscent
Regular Contributor

I currently am paying for the monthly 3B reporting and my month just renewed today which means I have a credit available to use to refresh my reports! Perfect timing, holding out until the end of the week and hoping to NOT see my one public record/tax lien!!! 

Oye, this is going to be a long painful week watching this every minute.

Good luck everyone, I'm hoping we all see our tax liens gone the first day on the 16th.

Current Score: EQ 708 | TU ??? | EX 714
Score highs: EQ 715 | TU 704 | EX 718 (02/2020)
Starting Score: EQ 616 | TU 614 | EX 585 (02/18/2018)
Goal Score: 740
Message 47 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I hope it's early in the week so I can get some work done this week! I subscribe to Experian and Equifax so i will be checking it every morning. I will post any updates that I get.

Experian 1 state Ca

Equifax 1 state Ca.

Transunion 2 federal, 1 state

Almost done having these paid off and this would be a huge help to get these paid off.

Message 48 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to WalletHub this morning, my last remaining IL state tax lien was removed from TU.  The FAKO score didn't change, though.

I do get a new CCT 3B today, so I will pull that later to see if it's really gone or not.

Message 49 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of this morning, all (4) of the tax liens remaining on my Trans Union report were removed.  They had already been previously removed from Equifax and Experian.  It raised my FAKO credit score on credit karma by 2 points.  I will know what it did to my FICO 8 scores when my 3 bureau report refreshes in 14 days.

The important thing is that, THEY ARE GONE!

So very happy to have this period of life in the rearview!!!

Message 50 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.