Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Bureaus to Stop Reporting Tax Liens in April 2018

tag
FirstAscent
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Bureaus to Stop Reporting Tax Liens in April 2018

Gone from TU for me as well! I'm not sure if it was removed from EQ yet, I think I'll do a CCT trial to get an updated EQ report. It was already deleted from EX last month via CFPB dispute.

ALSO, today I called TU to request for an early exclusion of TWO old charge-offs, they are currently due to fall off in October. They said they will delete them so hopefully I'll see those gone in the next day or two as well.

Today is a good day!

Current Score: EQ 708 | TU ??? | EX 714
Score highs: EQ 715 | TU 704 | EX 718 (02/2020)
Starting Score: EQ 616 | TU 614 | EX 585 (02/18/2018)
Goal Score: 740
Message 61 of 89
FirstAscent
Regular Contributor

Well that sucks, public record/tax lien and two old charge-offs removed and I lost 3 points =( Overall I have a cleaner (not clean) profile but still sucks to lose those points from removing negative items. two charge-offs were my oldest accounts so I lost a little AAoA, but it's still at 7y4m.

I also checked EQ just now and the lien is still there. I have an open dispute for it as well that's about 2 weeks old so maybe that has something to do with it? However, I did call EQ for an update and they said they are still waiting for a response back on the dispute. I asked about them removing ALL tax liens and the lady seemed clueless as to anything going on about that. soooo who knows.

Has anyone else had any EQ tax liens removed automatically today?

Current Score: EQ 708 | TU ??? | EX 714
Score highs: EQ 715 | TU 704 | EX 718 (02/2020)
Starting Score: EQ 616 | TU 614 | EX 585 (02/18/2018)
Goal Score: 740
Message 62 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I have no idea what's going on with my tax liens. Only TransUnion has reported them this year, and as of today, they're still showing. There is no update whatsoever to my TU credit report on Credit Karma. My next CK Vantage score update is scheduled for April 21.

Also no update on my Fico TU score for my Discover IT card. I spoke to a CSR today, and he says the next update is May 4.

Should I order a fresh TU credit report? If so, I'd have to pay at this point. Or should I phone them? The suspense is killing me!

Message 63 of 89
greg_the_egg
Valued Member

Wallethub offers daily Transunion updates for free.
FICO8's: 815 - 838 (Winter '22)
5% | $196K
Message 64 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FirstAscent wrote:

Well that sucks, public record/tax lien and two old charge-offs removed and I lost 3 points =( Overall I have a cleaner (not clean) profile but still sucks to lose those points from removing negative items. two charge-offs were my oldest accounts so I lost a little AAoA, but it's still at 7y4m.

I also checked EQ just now and the lien is still there. I have an open dispute for it as well that's about 2 weeks old so maybe that has something to do with it? However, I did call EQ for an update and they said they are still waiting for a response back on the dispute. I asked about them removing ALL tax liens and the lady seemed clueless as to anything going on about that. soooo who knows.

Has anyone else had any EQ tax liens removed automatically today?

Yeah, I am a little confused myself on the scoring with the removal. I had 3 liens on my Tu removed and no score change. Those were my only baddies except for a 30 day late 3 years ago and I was kind of expecting a descent bump in my score. Oh well, at least those 3 big red pimples are off my report! 

Good luck with the EQ removal, I'm just hoping for Experian to come through next.

Message 65 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

@greg_the_egg wrote:
Wallethub offers daily Transunion updates for free.

Thanks for that tip! WalletHub sez all clear. O happy day!

Only thing is, my miserable TU score hasn't changed. Still sitting at 694, whereas EQ and EX are 80 points higher. I wonder how long it'll be before I see some upward movement.

Message 66 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, I hope it's early in the week so I can get some work done this week! I subscribe to Experian and Equifax so i will be checking it every morning. I will post any updates that I get.

Experian 1 state Ca 

Equifax 1 state Ca.

Transunion 2 federal, 1 state

Almost done having these paid off and this would be a huge help to get these paid off.

Update:

Experian is still showing

Equifax, I made a mistake and it was not showing on Equifax before

Transunion, removed 1 state (06/17) and 2 federal (2011, 2013)

No score change,

Fako 722

Only other derog. is a 30 day late 3 years ago

Not sure why no score change but I am sooooo happy!!!

** Update, Experian removed! Score went up 20 points and finally put me in the 700 club. Still have 1 medical collection left and i am making my last payment in 2 weeks (pfd). By the end of the month things should be looking good

Message 67 of 89
greg_the_egg
Valued Member

Equifax and Experian removed my state lien. Experian went from 731 to 798. I don't have an Equifax FiCO available.
FICO8's: 815 - 838 (Winter '22)
5% | $196K
Message 68 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

@greg_the_egg wrote:
Equifax and Experian removed my state lien. Experian went from 731 to 798. I don't have an Equifax FiCO available.

WOW, that's a nice bump! sooo close to the elusive 800 club. Congrats

Message 69 of 89
Effielin
New Contributor

I only had TU reporting my tax lien and was waiting hopefully for CK to show that a change occured on my TU report, but.. nothing. Just checked Wallethub and it showed my lien was removed on Monday... !!! It may be silly but this just made my day.  My report is not clean yet, still have two collections and some lates on an old mortgage but every little bit helps..

Message 70 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.