Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma is letting me know that they know it was payday yesterday

tag
sznnmnt
Established Member

Credit Karma is letting me know that they know it was payday yesterday

And as I was just looking it up to see if there was information about Credit Karma knowing my payday just happened and lo and behold it's because Mint.com bought Credit Karma just recently. Of course I got that email from Mint.com saying thatYesterday was payday as well like usual.  The way these companies are working together makes me think of Facebook and how companies/ stalkers use your profile info and act like they've known you for years.

This is creepy and it's so wrong for them to think I don't think it's creepy. What do you guys think? Is Intuit (owner of Turbo Tax and Quickbooks, now Credit Karma) prying too much into our lives?

Just imagine how much money they are making by selling that info.

Starting Score: 600
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Karma is letting me know that they know it was payday yesterday

Just imagine if there were regulations passed allowing us to claim royalies from said info buying, since it's ours in teh first place amd have to agree to T&C in order to sign up for 99% of srvices. If they had to part with some of that profit, maybe it wouldn't be so all over the place.

Message 2 of 4
babbles
Established Contributor

well I deleted my real profile in FB a while ago  and now just have a generic profile with no friends, no nothing but probably won't do any good because they probably still have my persoal info somewhere in case they need it, not too cool with FB now days

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just imagine if there were regulations passed allowing us to claim royalies from said info buying, since it's ours in teh first place amd have to agree to T&C in order to sign up for 99% of srvices. If they had to part with some of that profit, maybe it wouldn't be so all over the place.

I am big advocate of "data rights".  I work in the IT industry, and know well how data is mined and shared.  It's one of the reasons I'm not on the major social networks, other than sock puppet accounts to troll bad people.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.