Credit Score Changes for 2017

tag
adamkingadam
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Score Changes for 2017

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dalmus wrote:

So if I read correctly, it only effects the latest versions of the scores the CRA's create themselves?  So this won't effect anybody's FICO, only the Vantage scores?

What I read is that this will eliminate data from the report itself, regardless of scoring model.  So in theory that should improve things across ALL scoring models - Fico, Vantage, whatever

It will potentially help those who have dirty files with tax liens holding their score down. A tax lien, if your file is otherwise clean, can be holding down score to the tune of 70 to 100 points. For those with clean files it has no scoring benefit. 

I was hoping that was the case for me, I had clean file on TU except for two paid tax liens. I was successfull in having them removed however I received no score increase. 

Starting Scores: 1/1/2016
EX 600 EQ 598 TU 610
Current Fico Scores (9/2016):EX: 674 EQ: 678 TU: 689
Message 11 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

I disputed my judgement on all three CRAs based on this information and experian deleted the judgement, Equifax just reported as verified and transunion is still pending hopefully it gets deleted like EX. My guess EQ will be a pain to get it removed, seems like they're more of a pain to get things removed this past year. Thank you guys for sharing this info.

Message 12 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be nice if EQ followed allowed for delete for the satisfied judgments at least. I guess we'll have to wait them out.
Message 13 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had two judgements that were included in my chapter 7 and I noticed they are not even listed with Experian. I checked TU and disputed them citing National Consumer Assistance Plan (2015) for an early exclusion and they were both deleted the next day.

Equifax has it still pending and didn't let me add any text. I assume they will just verify it and leave it on my report like they do with everything else. They are a pain to work with.

Message 14 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Equifax is a pain. On page 1 there's a link to a credit letter or something and my interpretation after reading it is only transunion and experian are planning on following that not Equifax. Hopefully they decide to change.

Message 15 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

I looked at the article again. The big CRAs including EQ were listed in the article. Not sure why they won't just delete if they agreed with the change.
Message 16 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I looked at the article again. The big CRAs including EQ were listed in the article. Not sure why they won't just delete if they agreed with the change.

From the last sentence of the 2nd paragraph in the article:  "a final plan regarding the information is expected to be implemented in July 2017."

long story short, it's not final (and enforceable) until it's final - and EQ is famous for not doing anything until they absolutely have to

Message 17 of 100
koolerthanmost
Valued Member

Adrabner,

What exactly did you say in your transunion dispute? Did you call or do it online? About a month ago I attempted to dispute based on this information but my tax liens returned as verified. While the rep was taking my information he stated that the information would be deleted once the implementaiton of the plan took place.

Message 18 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

I finally got my results back from Transunion and they deleted as well, so just EQ to deal with. I just filed dispute online with all 3 CRAs and both TU and EX deleted no questions asked. I selected that the judgement was vacated.

Message 19 of 100
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes Equifax is a pain. On page 1 there's a link to a credit letter or something and my interpretation after reading it is only transunion and experian are planning on following that not Equifax. Hopefully they decide to change.

In the letter,  it states that Equifax does not accept fees and fines prior to the plan announcement.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 20 of 100
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.