Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Changes for 2017

tag
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Score Changes for 2017

@cuthatcard wrote:
Do you mind sharing your dispute method, especially with EQ ^^, on here ?

Congrats on getting them removed!

Well, I'm not sure that the EQ Judgement is officially deleted yet, & I can't remember what the choices were actually. I think I chose the judgement was vacated, but I didn't provide any documentation. I also chose something else but I'm drawing a blank on what it was.

I did freeze Lexis Nexis, and chose to opt-out on the public records, though I'm not sure what effect that had on this. I know it can take up to 72 business hours to freeze LN, and I've yet to get any response back on the opting-out, so I'm not even sure if that went through. I think the opt-out has to be ok'd under special circumstances like Identity Theft, however I do remember one of the choices was simply "I do not wish to allow my public records information to be shared by LN", or something to that effect. The freezing took a few minutes(I'm assuming LN is actually frozen) over the phone. They ask info to show you are who you say you are, then she asked why I was freezing, and I told her I had frozen the main bureaus & wanted to do the same with LN to keep the chances of someone opening an account in my name down.

Edit: I tried pulling my 3B from MyFico, but after them charging my credit card, they decided they couldn't verify my info, so I just did a 3B from CCT instead. I'll be watching my MyFico charge on my CC to make sure it doesn't go through.

Anyways, it looks like EQ & TU did delete the satisfied civil judgement, which resulted in a 9 point gain to EQ & a 3 point loss to TU(lol...). All I have left on my reports is a paid medical collection with a late on both TU & EQ. Once I Hippa or GW those off, I should be above 700 on all 3 scores. Heart

Message 41 of 100
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on getting that of EQ as well!  

I've ordered,  from EQ, my report,  and it's been 15 days without receiving it yet ! 

I can't do the online dispute without those 10 digit report numbers they ask for since they never believe I am who I say I am.

Anyway,  good luck to all !

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 42 of 100
surferchris
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Bureaus to reduce number of Public Records reported.

Thanks for the great info.

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 43 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to report some results on this. I decided to take a chance and dispute a paid judgement from a chase credit card that is due to fall off in 2 years. I cited the National Consumer Assistance Plan in all 3 bureau disputes. So far after 2 days both TU and EQ have come back as resolved and deleted. Hoping EX follows suit. Thanks to OP and everyone else for the info, good luck everyone.
Message 44 of 100
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Awesome!

Message 45 of 100
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Revelate wrote:

Ah thanks for the replies!

I smell a test in the name of science approaching on Friday Smiley Happy.

Well I had a 3 month delay on the test in the name of science but... thank you Experian! (even if MF doesn't recognize it yet haha, too quick on that 1B pull thinking those scores look awfully familiar and oh the lien is still listed on that report darn it).

Public Records 
LOS ANGELES COUNTY RECORDER
Account Number: SQ2010189....
Outcome: Deleted

Sadly not quite sure what I said in the request to get them to trigger it: accidentally added a statement online (I couldn't dispute it) so I called Experian and sheepishly explained what I was trying for and could I have the statement removed... well they removed the statement plus more Smiley Happy.

Was scheduled to come off 9/2017 according to an EX report pulled pre-dispute. 

Ain't no coal here for Christmas!

        
Message 46 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well as is always the case these forums are invaluable. I read this thread and used the info acquired from it and was able to have EX remove not one but both tax liens from my CR. I sent similar letters of request to EQ and TU so here's hoping they will reciprocate with similar results.👍🏽👍🏽
Message 47 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well darn it. TU would not remove my paid State tax lien. They said by law it has to stay on my report until 2019. EX removed it last May.
Message 48 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seems like EX is really nice 😂
Message 49 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

The article referenced 31 states. I'm in CA so I wonder if that's why I was unsuccessful in having the paid tax lien removed. 😕
Message 50 of 100
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.