Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Score Changes for 2017

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit Score Changes for 2017

@Anonymous wrote:
The article referenced 31 states. I'm in CA so I wonder if that's why I was unsuccessful in having the paid tax lien removed. 😕

I believe the National Consumer Assistance Plan applies Nationwide.

NCAP Article

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 51 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called TU just now and she had no idea what i was talking about...She said she can only dispute it...

It is however gone from EX and EQ. but they've been deleted from them for awhile. TU would never delete it. 

Message 52 of 100
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called TU and she had no idea what i was talking about...She said she can only dispute it...

It seems none of the CRA agents no anything about the new guidlines yet. #Typical

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 53 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I called TU and she had no idea what i was talking about...She said she can only dispute it...

It seems none of the CRA agents no anything about the new guidlines yet. #Typical

So is there anything I can send in with a disoute saying these are now the guidlines? Im not sure an article from yahoo would work, because we all know that everything you read on the internet is true lol

Message 54 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im guessing this is the HR5282 Bill that looks like its been stalled since july of last year?...It was introduced last year in May and doesnt seem to have made much headway. 

Message 55 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

The NCAP was created in 2015, but the plan is set to be phased in over 3 years - while certain folks have had success using these provisions to remove negative history now, the actual requirement to do so will not become effective until approximately Q2 2017, per the original Yahoo article.

Message 56 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI I just pulled a fresh EX report and my fico 8 score did not change with removal of the tax liens. My fico 2 did go up 5 points but not sure if that's related to the liens removal. Now playing the waiting game with TU and EQ.
Message 57 of 100
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Im guessing this is the HR5282 Bill that looks like its been stalled since july of last year?...It was introduced last year in May and doesnt seem to have made much headway. 

HR5282 has nothing to do with the National Consumer Assistance Program.

Message 58 of 100
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The NCAP was created in 2015, but the plan is set to be phased in over 3 years - while certain folks have had success using these provisions to remove negative history now, the actual requirement to do so will not become effective until approximately Q2 2017, per the original Yahoo article.

Your right. They are still in the implementation process and CRA are radomly deleting some of the tax lien and public records.

Message 59 of 100
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So is there anything I can send in with a disoute saying these are now the guidlines? Im not sure an article from yahoo would work, because we all know that everything you read on the internet is true lol

I would state that the entries do not fall within the guidlines of the National Consumer Assistance Plan.

Message 60 of 100
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.