Did you mean: 

Credit Score Changes for 2017

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Score Changes for 2017

@Shann0n_marie wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Ahaha it was nice while it lasted: Experian tacked the lien back on.

-16 on EX FICO 8, easy come easy go.

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT? Smiley Sad  How long was it off?

A week to the day coincidentally.  

I'm not really worried about it unless it changed the date my lien is allegedly coming off, and 740 with paid lien from 2010 is virtually no different from 756 w/o lien from an underwriting perspective and the only real planned application I have coming up Chase absolutely knows about the lien already so ain't trippin.

Surprisingly sanguine and bemused about this, thought I'd be more upset about it but it's kind of irrelevant since that 60 day late from 2010 evidently still counts a bunch as well and that's stuck until 9/2017 anyhow... lien should be off by then anyway.

Yeah EX still has it listed as Sep 2017 removal, and I can probably just ask for EE in April anyway.

I doubt this is any sort of global thing, people who had their tax liens removed weeks or months ago probably would've already had them tacked back on... it was probably just something I did on the awkward route I chose and it got readded by the system instead of surpressed.  Again not trippin Smiley Happy.

        
Message 81 of 100
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

Anyone else have any luck?  I'm still waiting on my EQ results.

2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
Scores at Discharge: 550 EQ 471 TU 509 EXP (Last Updated 5/11)
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)
6/7/19 - 606 EQ 544 TU 566 EXP - New CC reported w/ $75 Balance
12/10/19 - 616 EQ 581 TU 592 EXP

8/28/2021 - 698 EQ 670 TU 674EXP
Message 82 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

How did it go with EQ?

Message 83 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys!!!  I just got THREE public records deleted from Equifax!!!!  None of those were set to come off before 2021!   I am....thrillled and stunned.  TU has always been easier to deal with in this regard, for me anyway.  I did not expect anyting from EQ and I didn't even request that they be removed.  I just submitted proof tjhat they were satisfied and asked that the status be changed to PAID / SATISFIED.  I'd done this before with another one last year and they did not remove it, they just changed the status.  This time, the 3 were deleted all together!!!! 

I still have one left that is paid  but is also really old and set to fall off in June.  I did not request any action on that one and now I wish I woudl have because it would likely be gone too.  I will wait 30 days or so and then tackle that one.  My socre only came up 12 pts  but I still have a few old CO's also.  I requested EE on those but, so far, nothing.  I don't expect them to be removed this early so I'll try again in a few  months there too. 

Next up is Experian.  I had to mail in my proof of satisfactions (boooooo Google Chorme) so hopefullly those will be deleted too. 

I'll update when I find out.  It seems the changes regarding public records is really true.  I expeccted all of thse to be weighing me down for YEARS to come so, to have them gone early is just...I am on cloud nine!

Message 84 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Guys!!!  I just got THREE public records deleted from Equifax!!!!  None of those were set to come off before 2021!   I am....thrillled and stunned.  TU has always been easier to deal with in this regard, for me anyway.  I did not expect anyting from EQ and I didn't even request that they be removed.  I just submitted proof tjhat they were satisfied and asked that the status be changed to PAID / SATISFIED.  I'd done this before with another one last year and they did not remove it, they just changed the status.  This time, the 3 were deleted all together!!!! 

I still have one left that is paid  but is also really old and set to fall off in June.  I did not request any action on that one and now I wish I woudl have because it would likely be gone too.  I will wait 30 days or so and then tackle that one.  My socre only came up 12 pts  but I still have a few old CO's also.  I requested EE on those but, so far, nothing.  I don't expect them to be removed this early so I'll try again in a few  months there too. 

Next up is Experian.  I had to mail in my proof of satisfactions (boooooo Google Chorme) so hopefullly those will be deleted too. 

I'll update when I find out.  It seems the changes regarding public records is really true.  I expeccted all of thse to be weighing me down for YEARS to come so, to have them gone early is just...I am on cloud nine!

That is awesome. Congrats. 

Message 85 of 100
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Thanks for posting this information! Very helpful!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 86 of 100
Shann0n_marie
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How did it go with EQ?

They verified with the county court house ... they updated one to paid/released and the the IRS one was verified reporting correctly/unpaid... they deleted the civil paid lien for my home HOA dues.Smiley Frustrated

Has ANYONE w/ an un-released IRS federal tax lien gotten it removed from TU or EQ?

2/8/19 - CH 7 BK filed
5/15/19 -Discharged
Scores at Discharge: 550 EQ 471 TU 509 EXP (Last Updated 5/11)
5/16/19 - Rebuild Started - App'ed for Credit One - Approved for $2,000 starting line! (Increased to $2200 the following month)
6/7/19 - 606 EQ 544 TU 566 EXP - New CC reported w/ $75 Balance
12/10/19 - 616 EQ 581 TU 592 EXP

8/28/2021 - 698 EQ 670 TU 674EXP
Message 87 of 100
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like July of 2017. And I'm assuming only if it doesn't meet certain guidelines. 

Message 88 of 100
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Guessing we're SOL unless the Feds or Cali in my case screw up on the lien reporting.

1. The minimum is required of consumer identifying information: name, address, social security number and/or date of birth

They certainly have all that as does any tax board, whether it was included with the lien record or not I guess is the ball game.  Presumably future liens will all have this.

        
Message 89 of 100
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Will these items automatically be removed from credit reports on July 1st or will we have to start subitting requests?  I'd be very surprised if it happens smoothly. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 90 of 100
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.