Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit-scoring system is about to undergo change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit-scoring system is about to undergo change

PepperPlant wrote:

We tried calling Citi, Discover and Amex and *all* said that they did *not* offer joint accounts even for spouses and that there is *no way* to open a joint account either new or by taking an existing account with one authorized user and turning that account into a joint account.

Citi I understand no longer does joint accounts.

APPLICATION INFORMATION: Federal law requires that we obtain certain information about you such as your date of birth and street address in order to verify your identity. You authorize us to obtain a consumer report from consumer reporting agencies in considering this application. Upon your request, we will inform you of the name and address of each consumer reporting agency from which we obtained a consumer report relating to you. Offer only available to US citizens and permanent residents 18 and older. To apply with a joint applicant, write to us at PO Box 30943, Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0943. Every applicant, including spouse, may apply for a separate account. THIS OFFER SUPERSEDES ALL PRIOR OFFERS. Terms of this offer, including fees are accurate as of June 2007 and may change after that date. To find out what may have changed after that date write to us at PO Box 15410, Wilmington, DE 19886-0820. Please allow 30 days for us to process your application.
You might try calling Discover back and telling them you found info on their website about writing to get a joint account and you wanted to know about converting an account into a joint account.

Not sure whether AMEX ever did joint accounts.

Message 21 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
..To apply with a joint applicant, write to us at PO Box 30943, Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0943. Every applicant, including spouse, may apply for a separate account. THIS OFFER SUPERSEDES ALL PRIOR OFFERS. Terms of this offer, including fees are accurate as of June 2007 and may change after that date. ..
You might try calling Discover back and telling them you found info on their website about writing to get a joint account and you wanted to know about converting an account into a joint account.

Thank you *very* much for taking the trouble to find this. We'll write off Citi and Amex and try again. I wish there were some kind of organized protest against this change. I came to the US more than 7 yrs ago with more than 2 decades of excellent credit history, incl Amex, all of which was thrown away here. Now Citi and Amex are wiping out the longest entries on my credit history here even though I've been the person paying the bills, just because others have been misusing what many many people have been legitimately doing for years. Getting your financial history wiped out twice isn't nice, it made me feel absolutely invisible the first time. Oh well, life goes on. I've already applied for another card in my own name and will follow up with Discover. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
Message 22 of 36
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
..To apply with a joint applicant, write to us at PO Box 30943, Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0943. Every applicant, including spouse, may apply for a separate account. THIS OFFER SUPERSEDES ALL PRIOR OFFERS. Terms of this offer, including fees are accurate as of June 2007 and may change after that date. ..

Thank you *very* much for taking the trouble to find this. We'll write off Citi and Amex and try again. I wish there were some kind of organized protest against this change. I came to the US more than 7 yrs ago with more than 2 decades of excellent credit history, incl Amex, all of which was thrown away here. Now Citi and Amex are wiping out the longest entries on my credit history here even though I've been the person paying the bills, just because others have been misusing what many many people have been legitimately doing for years. Getting your financial history wiped out twice isn't nice, it made me feel absolutely invisible the first time. Oh well, life goes on. I've already applied for another card in my own name and will follow up with Discover. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Sorry about your situation! Not sure if you are interested but Chase allows joint accounts. I was just accpeted a few weeks back on my DW's card. This is what happened. My wife called Chase and I  instantly became an AU, 7 days later I received my new CC. Three days later the app came filled it out and was approved about 12-13 days later. Very simply app I might add.
Message 23 of 36
Beledona
Regular Contributor

You are so right on about the us economy!
 Why don't we (the us) see this? 
In a few years, after the election, this country will be facing the absolute worse finacial state it has ever been in, and who do have to blame? Only ourselves and allowing our government to spend spend spend on war!  While we spend on credit at home...  I could go on and on about this, but I will spare you.  We all are accountable for this mess...  Myself included.
Message 24 of 36
Beledona
Regular Contributor

this was a reply to tnwm's post, from a few days ago...
Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused - Thank you for that information about Chase. We tried talking to Discover again, they are (supposedly) sending an application for joint, then if that goes through and my score stays reasonable (! I don't trust anything until I see it and often not then!) we'll look at Chase. That is definitely good news though, so thanks and all the best to you.
Message 26 of 36
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

fused111 wrote:

Sorry about your situation! Not sure if you are interested but Chase allows joint accounts. I was just accpeted a few weeks back on my DW's card. This is what happened. My wife called Chase and I  instantly became an AU, 7 days later I received my new CC. Three days later the app came filled it out and was approved about 12-13 days later. Very simply app I might add.

ottid

ditto in reverse.  Moved my DW from AU to joint in less than two weeks  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by MidnightVoice on 07-31-2007 03:58 PM
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 27 of 36
fused
Moderator Emeritus

PepperPlant wrote:
fused - Thank you for that information about Chase. We tried talking to Discover again, they are (supposedly) sending an application for joint, then if that goes through and my score stays reasonable (! I don't trust anything until I see it and often not then!) we'll look at Chase. That is definitely good news though, so thanks and all the best to you.

Heck, if you can get approved by Discover, your set!Smiley Happy
Message 28 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this new scoring system now in effect?
Message 29 of 36
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Nope!
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.