Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Breach: 1.5 million Verizon accounts hacked

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Breach: 1.5 million Verizon accounts hacked

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2016/03/crooks-steal-sell-verizon-enterprise-customer-data/

Lovely, check your inquiries and accounts if you do buesiness with these jokers.  Thier monopoly is the only game in town where I live for cell service.  Obviously change all Verizon passwords.  Don't let the fraudsters get your credit!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Re: Data Breach: 1.5 million Verizon accounts hacked

Just to clarify, reported in March. Still important but did not happen today.

Message 2 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice to know

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well yes and they breached the business website, but they handle phones for banks, healthcare, etc so lots of people's data.
Message 4 of 6
iv
Valued Contributor

This particular breach doesn't have much of a risk for direct individual credit/identity fraud.

The leaked data appears to be just contact info (names/titles/emails/phone numbers) and basic business account info (BTNs, billing/services addresses) for a set of Verizon's mid- to large- enterprise customers.

Not really related to consumer FiOS or VZW accounts...

(But it would be a great resource for scammers trying spear phishing attacks against those customers... which could in turn lead to PII breaches elsewhere.)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work for a medium verizon business customer and am the point of contact with verizon for my company.  If one of the employees is dumb enough to get phished they could leak patient health information, cause many to lose their jobs, cause a lot of havoc.  I think it's a serious threat and people need to look at their email headers more carefully.  I just got a phishing attempt in the guise of a cousin overseas I don't talk to often.  Obviously he got some worm that has taken his contact list and is sending a phishing link.  Hundreds of thousands of fbi and other government employees have had their federal system logins phished through email.  I don't think it's too paranoid to be closely guarded, regardless of the severity of this breach.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.