cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataSpii: The catastrophic data leak via browser extensions

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Senior Contributor

Re: DataSpii: The catastrophic data leak via browser extensions

@Janus wrote:

Which is why I don't like using smartphones for a number of things. You basically agree to info sharing by accepting the terms when you activate said phone. The only thing "opting out" does, is to "limit" "some" info to "certain" 3rd parties. 

Then to go and add those electronic wallets, or apps from your bank or CC issuer. There's a TON of data there that shouldn't be shared.

This is specifically why I switched from Android to iPhone. Apple isn't in the business of collecting and selling your data while that's the heart of Google's business. Apple is working hard to crack down on privacy invading apps. iOS 13 prompts me whenever an app wants to use GPS or Bluetooth, for example, allowing me to choose to only allow access when I use the app or just that single time instead of granting access once and the app can then do it any time going forward. They even show you a map of when the app has taken your location data before -- it's crazy how much of a map of your activities these apps make. 

70DD1A3B-9DE6-4CBB-A6D9-BA705BE22054.jpeg
Scores 1/2019:
Scores 8/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards:
Message 11 of 13
Valued Contributor

You make very good points for owning an Apple, unfortunately I had such an issue once getting locked out that I swore never again. lol

The security level felt like I was asking for sensative docs from the NSA... 

Message 12 of 13
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You always find the most interesting articles!! Thanks for the reference!

Scores held down by umpteen INQ & New accounts
~~~BK7 d/c-08/2013......my rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you.~~
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.