Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta rewards SkyMiles Members with two industry-first program enhancements

tag
DONZI
Established Contributor

Delta rewards SkyMiles Members with two industry-first program enhancements

"Delta continues to make the SkyMiles Program more rewarding and easier to use by making the ability to earn toward Medallion Status on Delta-marketed Award Travel a permanent feature of the program. Delta is also removing the 75,000 mileage earn cap."

..credit related tidbit:

"and more control over how to pay for your flight with Plan It, American Express’ “buy now, pay later” feature now available on delta.com."

Full Article

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Delta rewards SkyMiles Members with two industry-first program enhancements

I was going to comment that they are not the first as their own partner, Virgin Atlantic, began to allow award fares to count toward elite status a few years ago.  But I see that the article does qualify that with "U.S."  It is a good move and I was happy to get the email about it.  I have been trying to burn through SkyMiles since 2021 while they were counting toward status.

The 75k cap is only going to be relevant to a very small number of flyers, but I did always think the cap was a bit odd.  For perspective, that would only be useful for tickets over $7500-$15,000 (depending on fare code) in pre-tax and fees dollars for non-Medallion members.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.