Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

tag
pauper66
Valued Member

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

Probably not as epic as it sounds. I had no credit history for 12 years prior. I had 6 medical collections, an AFNI and an ERC collection and the tax lien.

All that totalled up to about $2500 combined, so really not that bad.

In spite of all that, Santander gave me a car loan. And at the ever so lovely rate of 22 per cent. But hey...it was a start.I paid off all the collections earlier this year, and the lien, and got everything but the lien removed.

Got secured cards from Discover and Cap 1 in February and managed them properly.

Score went up FAST at that point. July 1FICO 2 Auto was solidly in tier 3 with my Credit Union.

Message 31 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

I may be celebrating prematurely, but my CA state tax lien disappeared from Equifax today, 7/20/2017. It was still showing up until yesterday, 7/19. Started rebuild in late 2015. Tax lien filed on 12/2009 and was released in 2013. Disputed with 3 CRAs in 2015 with only Experian removing them. I just recently disputed with TransUnion (didn't bother with Equifax) and came back as "verified as accurate". 

Logged on Equifax to do my nightly update and it had disappeared. My score remained the same, though. Perhaps in a few days it will improve some. However, it seems like some people's tax lien came back? Hopefully, this will stay gone permanently. I will try to dispute with TransUnion again. 

I'm a little ecstatic that 2 out 3 CRAs, I have NO negative accounts, collections and public records. 

Hopefully, it'll work out for you guys as well. 

Message 32 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked online to view my tax lien documents (lien has been released). There is no DOB. The SS# partially appears as XXX-XX-1234. This lien is appearing on TU. Any advice as to whether or not I should go ahead and dispute or wait it out? If waiting, how long do you think is an appropriate wait time? I had another lien on EQ, but it has been automatically removed. I'm in Ohio. There has been no score change on MyFico for the one dropped from EQ.

Message 33 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your the first one I've heard from CA that's had any movement. Yeah!!!! I'm from CA as well and still waiting. I hope it's removed for all of us. Good luck!!!
Message 34 of 248
pauper66
Valued Member

Well, I just got a notification from EQ that my score went up 20 point.  It didn't say why though.

And I can't refresh my report until toomoroow. Could it be?!?!?!

Arghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is making me crazy!

Message 35 of 248
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Hmph.  We're in Kansas...and Experian has removed the tax lien from my report and DW's.

Still showing on EQ and TU for both of us...

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 36 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

The hurry up and wait process is a killer. I want to dispute my released lien so badly, but am afraid it will come back as verified for some reason, although the only thing it shows on the paperwork is a partial SSN (last 4 digits). Smiley Frustrated I've only seen one post about someone's being verified, but a few where they've been deleted, so I've gone back and forth to the dispute button for several days now......just haven't had the nerve to push it, but patience is wearing thin. With my luck, I'd end up being one of those who end up stuck with it on my report. Closing rant now. Just needed to vent a little.

Message 37 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're not alone. At this point I'm just trying to forget about it.
Message 38 of 248
Tim_S
Regular Contributor

It appears my paid and released federal tax lien was removed from Equifax this morning, (it was removed from Experian and Trans Union last year).  My Equifax score increased by 57 points.

Message 39 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

What state are you in?
Message 40 of 248
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.