Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

tag
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

I would give it a few days. EQ responded to my complaint on like the 5th and on the 9th, I checked CK and it was removed. Then on the 10th, I received an email from Equifax about a dispute being resolved, when I reviewed my updated report, it confirmed that it was removed. So, not sure when you got your reply, but I say, if it's not off by Monday, then file a second complaint. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 161 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks LadyJ, got the response today from cfpb that complaint was closed.
Message 162 of 248
pauper66
Valued Member

I got notification from CFPB on Sep 7, saying the company (EQ) responded and that my tax lien was removed, and that I should be getting written verification in 7-10 days.

I just paid EQ for a new report today, and it is STILL on there. Is this typical? Does it take them time to remove it?

Message 163 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been 8 days and it's still showing? Maybe it's just how EQ processes them. I got an email from CFPB and got a paid report from TU and it was gone the same day. Give them a call?
Message 164 of 248
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I say give it a few more days. With all that is going on with EQ, they are going to be really, really busy!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 165 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this might be asking for a lot, but can someone please post the steps to filing a dispute with CFPB?! I was on their website but I'm not exactly sure I was going about it the correct way. Also, if you file a dispute with them, are you required to include documents or is this just helpful?
Message 166 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I know this might be asking for a lot, but can someone please post the steps to filing a dispute with CFPB?! I was on their website but I'm not exactly sure I was going about it the correct way. Also, if you file a dispute with them, are you required to include documents or is this just helpful?

Yes I would like this info also. It would be greatly appreciated! Please....

Message 167 of 248
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@pauper66 wrote:

I got notification from CFPB on Sep 7, saying the company (EQ) responded and that my tax lien was removed, and that I should be getting written verification in 7-10 days.

I just paid EQ for a new report today, and it is STILL on there. Is this typical? Does it take them time to remove it?

I got an updated copy of my EQ CR a day or two ago, when I was told it would take 7-10days. So I agree with the above poster, they're busy. 

Message 168 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this link. https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

I didn’t have to send any documents. Just have them handy if they request supporting evidence.

Good luck
Message 169 of 248
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Step 1: Click on "Submit a Complaint" top right on front page

Step 2: Scroll down and click on "Start a new complaint"

Step 3: Scroll all the way down and click on "Start your complaint" 

Step 4: First of five steps select "Credit reporting, credit repair services, or other personal consumer reports" second from top on left side. 

Step 5: Still first of five steps, select "Credit reporting" at the top

Step 6: Second of five steps select "Incorrect information on your report(wrong address, fraud, incorrectly shows account still open)"

Step 7: Still second of five steps select "Public record information inaccurate(bankruptcy, judgment, liens, criminal record" second from top on right side.

Step 8: Still second of five steps select "Yes"

Step 9: Three of five steps, describe what happened (I said something to the effect of the lien violated the new law

Step 10: Still three of five steps, make sure to request removal of the lien from your report.

Step 11: Four of five steps Type CRA name

Step 12: Still four of five steps, select which identifying information you want to submit

Step 13: Still four of five steps select "yes" or "no" if you want to complain about another company.

Step 14: Five of five steps, select "you" and enter your contact information.

Step 15: Click "Review" 

Step 16: If everything is correct, submit

Message 170 of 248
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.