Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

LadyJEsq, just for me to be sure, should I file the complaints with the CRAs or with CFPB?

Thanks!

Message 191 of 248
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

ImaPirate

I filed with The CRAs first. Soon as I got negative response, Then I filed complaint with CFPB.

GL to you.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 192 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a federal lein for a small business I owned years ago. After paying the loan I filed a 122277 and within 2 weeks I had a response from the IRS that they would withdraw the lein. Boosted my scores by almost 20 points across the board. 

Prior to using the 122277 I tried getting them removed by validating the lein. All three agencies responded with validation of the lein and would not remove it even after the new guidlines. 

Message 193 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:
ImaPirate

I filed with The CRAs first. Soon as I got negative response, Then I filed complaint with CFPB.

GL to you.

Thank you Creditinspired. Been working all day on my disputes with the CRAs. Personally I think it's a waste of time as I seriously doubt they will resolve this. My next move will be a complaint with CFPB. I'm going to use your letter for the CRAs. Thanks again for your help. I'll keep you posted.

Message 194 of 248
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:
ImaPirate

GL to you.

Thank you Creditinspired. Been working all day on my disputes with the CRAs. Personally I think it's a waste of time as I seriously doubt they will resolve this. My next move will be a complaint with CFPB. I'm going to use your letter for the CRAs. Thanks again for your help. I'll keep you posted.

For whatever it's worth, if you've ever contacted the CRA regarding removal of the tax liens, I don't think it's necessary to file another dispute prior to filing with the CFPB.  I disputed my tax liens years ago, and when the new rule came out, I didn't file another dispute, I filed a complaint after waiting what I thought was an acceptable period of time for EQ to be compliant with the rule on their own. 

Congrats on getting in with NFCU and with such an awesome SL! It's good to see they didn't hold past issues against you. Pretty great institution if you ask me. I missed the window where everyone could get in with them, and, for now, I don't feel like being bothered with my brother long enough to get his information so I can join either NFCU or PenFen. But hearing about how great they both are, sure does make me re-think that decision. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 195 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I'm happy to report that TU responded to my CFPB complaint and they removed the GA state tax lien from my CR.   I pulled my 3B report from USAA and it's not there!  Whoo hoo!

For anyone who may be interested, it took 14 days from initial complaint to get this response from them.  Here is their reply:

Company's Response

In order to protect your privacy, we will mail an updated copy of your credit report to the current address we have on file for you. You can expect to receive it in approximately 5 to 7 business days. If you have any further questions, please call us at 1-800-916-8800, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM ET. Please visit http://transunion.com/consumerfaqs for frequently asked questions about your credit report.

DESCRIPTION OF NON-MONETARY RELIEF

We received your complaint about the Fulton County Superior Court state tax lien in your credit report, and apologize for any difficulty you may have experienced. The item identified in your complaint has been removed. After reviewing the activity on your file, along with the information in our data base, we have removed the Fulton County Superior Court State tax lien.

... and here is the initial complaint I filed with the CFPB:

I am requesting that TRANSUNION remove tax lien xxxxx that is listed on my credit report in the amount of xxxxx. The attached tax lien only shows the last 4 digits, no dob, and an address that I've never lived at. The National Consumer Assistance Plan (NCAP) states liens must have a full name, address, SSN (full SSN, not partially or completely redacted) and/or DOB to be reported on anyone's credit file. You can see the attached tax lien does not meet the NCAP new rules that went in effect July 2017. In my last dispute in September 2017, I added a note to TRANSUNION which stated that it does not meet the new NCAP 07/2017 rules, but they did not remove it. I'm requesting CFPB's assistance in getting this tax lien completely and permanently removed from my TRANSUNION credit report. Thank you!

---------

With the complaint, I also attached a pdf of the tax lien that was paid.  For those who may not know, you can call Georgia Department of Revenue and request a copy of your tax lien.  They can email it you if you request it.  The email is sent within 24 hrs of your request and the email request will be from the person in the department who completed the request (so if you don't see it in your Inbox, check your spam/junk folder! ).

I'm still waiting on EQ's final response Smiley Mad

Message 196 of 248
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I'm happy to report that TU responded to my CFPB complaint and they removed the GA state tax lien from my CR.   I pulled my 3B report from USAA and it's not there!  Whoo hoo!

For anyone who may be interested, it took 14 days from initial complaint to get this response from them.  Here is their reply:

Company's Response

In order to protect your privacy, we will mail an updated copy of your credit report to the current address we have on file for you. You can expect to receive it in approximately 5 to 7 business days. If you have any further questions, please call us at 1-800-916-8800, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM ET. Please visit http://transunion.com/consumerfaqs for frequently asked questions about your credit report.

We received your complaint about the Fulton County Superior Court state tax lien in your credit report, and apologize for any difficulty you may have experienced. The item identified in your complaint has been removed. After reviewing the activity on your file, along with the information in our data base, we have removed the Fulton County Superior Court State tax lien.

I am requesting that TRANSUNION remove tax lien xxxxx that is listed on my credit report in the amount of xxxxx. The attached tax lien only shows the last 4 digits, no dob, and an address that I've never lived at. The National Consumer Assistance Plan (NCAP) states liens must have a full name, address, SSN (full SSN, not partially or completely redacted) and/or DOB to be reported on anyone's credit file. You can see the attached tax lien does not meet the NCAP new rules that went in effect July 2017. In my last dispute in September 2017, I added a note to TRANSUNION which stated that it does not meet the new NCAP 07/2017 rules, but they did not remove it. I'm requesting CFPB's assistance in getting this tax lien completely and permanently removed from my TRANSUNION credit report. Thank you!

---------

With the complaint, I also attached a pdf of the tax lien that was paid.  For those who may not know, you can call Georgia Department of Revenue and request a copy of your tax lien.  They can email it you if you request it.  The email is sent within 24 hrs of your request and the email request will be from the person in the department who completed the request (so if you don't see it in your Inbox, check your spam/junk folder! ).

WOOHOO, WOOHOO, WOOHOO,

Finally! and a huge Congrats to you for being persistent. It pays off. It's a wonderful feeling seeing it off, isn't it.

Oh, I think you'll get a positive letter from EQ in a day or two. 

So happy for you.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 197 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Company's Response

---------

WOOHOO, WOOHOO, WOOHOO,

Finally! and a huge Congrats to you for being persistent. It pays off. It's a wonderful feeling seeing it off, isn't it.

So happy for you.

Hello Creditinspired, The 3 CRAs have received my disputes yesterday. I used your letter (with a little tweaking) and inclosed an original copy of my 10 tax liens to send to each CRA. I don't expect much from them but at least they have a chance to do what's right.

So now it's a waiting game for their responses then depending on what I get I will most likely have to file complaints with CFPB.

I will post the CRAs responses and a copy of your letter as soon as I hear from them.

Thanks for your help and your motivation!

Message 198 of 248
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Company's Response

---------

WOOHOO, WOOHOO, WOOHOO,

So happy for you.

Hello Creditinspired, The 3 CRAs have received my disputes yesterday. I used your letter (with a little tweaking) and inclosed an original copy of my 10 tax liens to send to each CRA. I don't expect much from them but at least they have a chance to do what's right.

So now it's a waiting game for their responses then depending on what I get I will most likely have to file complaints with CFPB.

I will post the CRAs responses and a copy of your letter as soon as I hear from them.

Thanks for your help and your motivation!

Thanks ImaPirate,

It's going to happen. I'm a firm believer that you're going to be free of all this negative reporting much sooner than later. 

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Message 199 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

After 3 disputes and 2 cfpb complaints EQ finally removed the liens. Only took 4 months. All 3 bureaus now squeaky clean. This forum has been a great help.
Message 200 of 248
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.