Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

I don't care about justice, I care about settlement offers.  If federally regulated corporations want to tie their own noose, I want to be the hangman not the audience, lol.

The CFPB has not been great to me but they've been awesome to others and I love seeing people get some progress.  In my opinion (non legal opinion) it is completely insane that a tax lien can even be reported.  It's NOT a "credit" item.  It's called a credit report but taxes are not credit.  So if the CFPB wants to do anything, they should have stepped up and said "stop reporting things that aren't credit" but they didn't.

Useless government bureaucrats and useless regulated corporation bureaucrats.  Nobody needs them, they should go into the same lake that the lawyers joke mentions, lol.

But, I still like settlement negotiations because I like free money.

Message 231 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't care about justice, I care about settlement offers.  If federally regulated corporations want to tie their own noose, I want to be the hangman not the audience, lol.

The CFPB has not been great to me but they've been awesome to others and I love seeing people get some progress.  In my opinion (non legal opinion) it is completely insane that a tax lien can even be reported.  It's NOT a "credit" item.  It's called a credit report but taxes are not credit.  So if the CFPB wants to do anything, they should have stepped up and said "stop reporting things that aren't credit" but they didn't.

Useless government bureaucrats and useless regulated corporation bureaucrats.  Nobody needs them, they should go into the same lake that the lawyers joke mentions, lol.

But, I still like settlement negotiations because I like free money.

LMBO! Too darn funny.  I feel ya though...

Interesting point you made about it not being a 'credit' item.  No doubt, the CRAs will try to make the argument that it's money 'owed' - I'm not sure where that falls into the whole creditor/borrower/lender legal terminology.  That would be an interesting case indeed!

Message 232 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

At this point they’re allowed to report some non credit items but I’m hopeful they’ll get a future smack down for it. Or change their business type to financial history agency. Which would make more sense to me.
Message 233 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

STILL working with EQ to delete the state lien.  They have until 27th to respond to my complaint with the BBB and I think mid-Jan to respond to my second complaint with the CFPB.

Just two days ago, EQ CSR said that the lien was not there and apparently had been deleted.  However, reports pulled as late as today still show the lien on the report. Smiley Frustrated  So, I called EQ today and that CSR said, yes, the lien was still on the report.  She was really nice and after pulling all the documentation I submitted via the CFPB and the BBB, she said she submitted a dispute (with the documentation) stating that based on the documentation provided, the lien should be deleted.

Interesting enough, after I pointed out the court verbiage on the lien "..,ordered cancelled from the record", she put me on hold for a long bit.  When she got back on the phone, she said she was re-submitting the dispute with instructions that the lien should be deleted.  I asked how was the dispute submitted before such that it came back with the same results ...paid, released, etc....she said she couldn't say, but likely it did not include all the documents and desired result of the complaint. 

Anywhoo....maybe this time it will really get delete?  Fingers and toes crossed.

Message 234 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y.....SUCCESS!!!

Equifax_850_reached_20171220.png

EQ finally deleted the state lien! I literally jumped up and down all around my place doing my happy dance!  All reports ...clean (except TU)! Whoo hooo!

I haven't received the results from the CFPB or the BBB yet, but I just pulled my 3B reports and no liens listed! I can't even begin to tell you how great THIS feels!

Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to keep at it! Smiley Very Happy Heart

Message 235 of 248
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

EQ finally deleted the state lien! I literally jumped up and down all around my place doing my happy dance!  All reports...clean! Whoo hooo!

I haven't received the results from the CFPB or the BBB yet, but I just pulled my 3B reports and no liens listed! I can't even begin to tell you how great THIS feels!

LOTR. I'm doing the happy dance with you because I'm so excited for you. A high-five CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!!!!

It's absolutely no other feeling like it. 

This is a wonderful way to start the holiday and new year.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 236 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

EQ finally deleted the state lien! I literally jumped up and down all around my place doing my happy dance!  All reports...clean! Whoo hooo!

LOTR. I'm doing the happy dance with you because I'm so excited for you. A high-five CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!!!!

It's absolutely no other feeling like it. 

This is a wonderful way to start the holiday and new year.

Thank you, CreditInspired!  I've added a pic of my 3B scores - a thing a beauty!  BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT ...EVER!

This would not have been accomplished without all the help and advice on myfico.com and specifically all the info in this thread in explaining the new rule and how to file a complaint with the CFPB, etc.  You and many, many others on these forum are indeed an inspiration! 

Many thanks to anyone who provided guidance, encouragement or simply thought good thoughts for accomplishing this feat. Heart

Message 237 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

After having 28 Federal Tax Liens removed >2 months ago I finally had Equifax raise my score to 748! Still waiting on the other two but I'm very pleased so far. Wow I was in the low 500's when I started this journey and what a difference now!

Thanks again for all the the great people who helped me. Special thanks to Creditinspired!

Message 238 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a response back today on my EXP request through CPFB to have my leins removed. They say they are in the process of contacting the data furnisher / public  record vendors do verify the accuracy of the information.

Here was an interesting tidbit:

"Tax Liens and Bankruptcies are a matter of public record. Although the court where the disputed public records are filed may not report this type of data, a vendor may collect this data directly from the court’s public records and supply that information to Experian."

Does that mean they can use a third party to produce the information missing from the lien? 

In my case, these were brand new and already handled. Even if they were contracting out to someone, I don't see where they would have had the time to get my birthday and SSN from another source. 

Guess I will wait to see what the other two say.

Message 239 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got a response back today on my EXP request through CPFB to have my leins removed. They say they are in the process of contacting the data furnisher / public  record vendors do verify the accuracy of the information.

Here was an interesting tidbit:

"Tax Liens and Bankruptcies are a matter of public record. Although the court where the disputed public records are filed may not report this type of data, a vendor may collect this data directly from the court’s public records and supply that information to Experian."

Does that mean they can use a third party to produce the information missing from the lien? 

In my case, these were brand new and already handled. Even if they were contracting out to someone, I don't see where they would have had the time to get my birthday and SSN from another source. 

Guess I will wait to see what the other two say.

Most likely your lien/liens will be deleted. The courts will not have the required information and I have never heard of a CB contracting anyone for more information. Have you seen the original liens? That's what they go by.

Message 240 of 248
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.