Did you mean: 

Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

tag
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

Re: Did YOUR tax lein stop reporting?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

After filing a complaint with the CFPB against Transunion for an open federal tax lien filed in 2013 citing the NCAP rules(the lien has a partially redacted SSI number and no DOB), this is the response I got today (I redacted the lien docket numbers):

Complaint Detail: responded

Response Type: Closed with non-monetary relief

Company's Response: Please be advised, Docket #************, #************ and #************* are currently not reported on your TransUnion credit report. In order to protect your privacy, we will mail an updated copy of your credit report as well as the full results of our reinvestigation, to the current address we have on file for you. You can expect to receive it in approximately 5 to 7 business days. If you have any further questions, please call us at 1-800-916-8800, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM ET. Please visit http://transunion.com/consumerfaqs for frequently asked questions about your credit report.

DESCRIPTION OF NON-MONETARY RELIEF

We received your complaint about Docket #************* in your credit report, and apologize for any difficulty you may have experienced. This item identified in your complaint has been deleted from your TransUnion credit report.

I have confirmed the lien is in fact gone and my FICO 8.0 went from a 718 to a 776. 

Congrats!! This is interesting. I am thinking I am going to have to try this route for the hubby and I.  TU & EQ removed the lien from hubby's reports and EQ removed it from mine, but that still leaves it on TU & EX for me and EX for him.

Does anyone know if they have finished the process?

I'm still waiting to see any progress on mine. I filed a complaint against EQ at consumerfinance dot gov on 7/28, but it still shows as "In progress / EQ has been contacted". The bureaus seem to be tackling these entirely at random, so who knows how long the deletions will take on their own. EQ's reps claimed that the new rules are a lie, so I thought some prodding was justified.

Message 71 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

CFPB = Consumer Finance Protection Bureau. It is the governmental agency set up in 2008 to "make sure banks, lenders and other financial agencies treat you fairly" URL ii: www.consumerfinance.gov

Experian took off my paid lien with a phone call to their dispute department and did it within 24 hours. No call center shenanigans with those guys and they deserve an attaboy for customer service. Funny thing was they deleted the open lien without any contact but I needed to call them about the paid and released lien.

Transunion needed to be nudged along by filing a complaint with the CFPB and they took care of it within 10 days. My earlier post shows their reply.

Equifax responded on the 15th day (they have 15 days to reply to the dispute and typical EQUIFAX waited until the last minute) stating they were still working on it which means it could take up to 60 days from the date of dispute but I did confirm that they removed the lien reporting that same day even though it says it's still pending.

For the record, Equifax and Transunion call centers are a joke as well as disputing through their websites....both are a complete waste of time to try and get things handled. It ticks me off to no end to deal with an outsourced and out of country phone center to deal with the tremendously sensitive and personal items detailed in my credit report. They have no power to do anything and the amount of ignorance they display regarding the FCRA is beyond criminal and border line punitive. I'm sorry to rant, but no one can be that ignorant about the rules the company they work for has to abide by.....they are intentionally dense and uncooperative to get you to cave in and forget about trying to get done what is proper and right.

Message 72 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Danrather50- A big thank you for the clarification! I now feel like that have a direction. This will be on my to-do list this week. I agree with disputing directly with TU/EX/EQ. Nothing happens except them trying to sell you on their reporting service.
Message 73 of 248
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

danrather50 wrote:

After filing a complaint with the CFPB against Transunion for an open federal tax lien filed in 2013 citing the NCAP rules(the lien has a partially redacted SSI number and no DOB), this is the response I got today (I redacted the lien docket numbers):

Complaint Detail: responded

Response Type: Closed with non-monetary relief

Company's Response: Please be advised, Docket #************, #************ and #************* are currently not reported on your TransUnion credit report. In order to protect your privacy, we will mail an updated copy of your credit report as well as the full results of our reinvestigation, to the current address we have on file for you. You can expect to receive it in approximately 5 to 7 business days. If you have any further questions, please call us at 1-800-916-8800, Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM ET. Please visit http://transunion.com/consumerfaqs for frequently asked questions about your credit report.

DESCRIPTION OF NON-MONETARY RELIEF

We received your complaint about Docket #************* in your credit report, and apologize for any difficulty you may have experienced. This item identified in your complaint has been deleted from your TransUnion credit report.

I have confirmed the lien is in fact gone and my FICO 8.0 went from a 718 to a 776. 

Way to go, Dan and congrats on the huge bump in score.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 74 of 248
tcbofade
Super Contributor

STILL reporting on TU and EQ for both DW and I.

Just filed my complaint with CFPB.

We shall see...

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 75 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please keep us posted- I plan I doing so tomorrow and will also let everyone know. Good luck to us both!
Message 76 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just submitted the hubbys and mine as well.  However no matter how many times I changed the DOB on the verification area it changed it to one day before.  When I reviewed it, I thought it was right sooooo once I hit submit and printed I realized it wasn't.  I guess that will probably mess mine up. Didn't use that form of verification for the hubby after I saw that.  Anyone else see that?

Message 77 of 248
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Please keep us posted- I plan I doing so tomorrow and will also let everyone know. Good luck to us both!

I filed my complaint on July 28th, and it's still only showing "Credit bureau has been notified" on the tracking page. They're supposed to have 15 days to respond, but is that 15 calendar days or 15 business days? Anybody know?

Message 78 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

mine said something to the affect of "response generally within 15 days, but could take up to 60" - I assumed it meant calendar days, but I'm not sure.  My hubbys says "open - sent to company" and mine doesnt have anything in the status yet. Mine had two CRA's on it and his only had one. Maybe thats the reason. I would just be really happy to be done with this part of my CR.  Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 79 of 248
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's 15 calendar days. They have to give you some type of response. I sent mine in on a Monday and got responses back 10 days from Transunion with the issue being resolved and Equifax responded on the 14 day with they were still working on it. Transunion corrected my bureau and deleted the lien in question while Equifax said they were still working on it even though the item was removed.

So...15 calendar days to respond and 60 days to close the file.

Every lien i disputed through the CFPB came off even after online disputes with the CRAs directly failed using the exact same information.

Message 80 of 248
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.