MySunrise271
Established Contributor

Discover card ranks highest in customer satisfaction by JD Powers

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover card ranks highest in customer satisfaction by JD Powers

I would agree with that having been a customer with them since 9/1990.  A very close runner up in my opinion is US Bank.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 9
BessTruman
Regular Contributor

They are really great.  I've only had them for a month and I'm really happy with them.  Gave me  $10,000 CL right off the bat!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

For sure. When I started defaulting on my Discover account, Discover quickly got me on a payment plan that worked perfectly for me. Gotta love 'em! Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That doesn't surprise me at all.  I got a preapproval letter in the mail right before I moved from old place and I applied for the card right after moving into my home.  When I applied for it and got approved for it on the website they actually asked if the address they mailed it to was the same as the one I wanted the card sent to.  Seeing as how I just moved into my new home I was able to get the card sent to my mailing address without any fuss.  Being as how my physical and mailing address are different due to the post office not doing door to door delivery in my town Discover sending it to my PO Box was awesome considering how it annoying it can be at times when your physical and mailing address are different and you are applying for credit, getting something delivered to your physical address which doesn't show up when checking your postal address, and having to fill out forms where you put down where you live and it being different then your mailing address.  Discover I had none of the typical issues that come with having to have a PO Box and that is really nice. 

Hell I called up a few weeks ago at a little after 4am EST and asked if I could get the American Flag version of the Discover it Cashback card and the rep was awesome and I got it 3 days later.  Considering most banks are not 24/7 where as discover is so you can call up during graveyard hours and get things solved is awesome.  What's also awesome is US based customer service...that is rare and something I think everyone loves about Discover.  The customer service is great, the cashback and miles cards are great, and the website is great.  Before I came on here I just asked for a credit limit increase online and my limit went from $7,500.00 to $11,200.00.  Discover is just awesome period.   

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Discover I did not have this card.  I Discover I am pre-qualified.  I Discover I am approved.  I Discover it was only $1,500.  I miss a few payments and they came to my house to Discover I am not there.

It's the only brand I am missing from my lineup.

Message 6 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@BessTruman wrote:

They are really great.  I've only had them for a month and I'm really happy with them.  Gave me  $10,000 CL right off the bat!

I wonder would your opinion be different if they had given something like $800 or $1200Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I Discover I did not have this card.  I Discover I am pre-qualified.  I Discover I am approved.  I Discover it was only $1,500.  I miss a few payments and they came to my house to Discover I am not there.

It's the only brand I am missing from my lineup.

Huh? Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 9
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

Understandable. My experience with Discover has been positive. I can rely on what the cs rep tells me on the rare occasions I have a reason to phone. 

I'm baffled by American Express having high marks for cs. I know when I talk to a rep whatever I am told is valid for the lenght of the conversation. All bets are off when the call is over. I've decided to consider this entertaining. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.