Did you mean: 

Elan (Fidelity/CU/small bank cards) to be sold

tag
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

Re: Elan (Fidelity/CU/small bank cards) to be sold

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@minski wrote:

If Elan is bought by another company, does that company have an agreement with Fidelity to continue issuing Fidelity cards? Or will all the Fidelity Visa cards be disassociated with Fidelity and we have a new log in to add to our list? Or is this the question of the day? Just curious because I'd been thinking of canceling my card but may wait and see what the change might bring. 

No new log on for those of us with Fidelity rewards Visa signature cards. However, there has been a change in how CLI requests are processed. It used to be CLIs could be HP or SP and only one bureau was pulled (TransUnion). Now, according to a CSR I spoke with earlier today, all CLI requests are automatic HP and all three CBs will be pulled Smiley Mad

That CSR agent may have been confused.

Message 21 of 23
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@minski wrote:

If Elan is bought by another company, does that company have an agreement with Fidelity to continue issuing Fidelity cards? Or will all the Fidelity Visa cards be disassociated with Fidelity and we have a new log in to add to our list? Or is this the question of the day? Just curious because I'd been thinking of canceling my card but may wait and see what the change might bring. 

No new log on for those of us with Fidelity rewards Visa signature cards. However, there has been a change in how CLI requests are processed. It used to be CLIs could be HP or SP and only one bureau was pulled (TransUnion). Now, according to a CSR I spoke with earlier today, all CLI requests are automatic HP and all three CBs will be pulled Smiley Mad

FWIW, I just received an auto $5000->$7500 auto CLI on my Elan backed Florida Community Bank Rewards Visa. (I barely used that card, maybe putting $1K through it in 2 years.) I put a large Costco trip on it as a "Thank You!" to Elan Smiley Happy

That is good news. The previous poster must have spoken to a CSR that did not know what they were talking about.

Message 22 of 23
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Jetboy wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@minski wrote:

FWIW, I just received an auto $5000->$7500 auto CLI on my Elan backed Florida Community Bank Rewards Visa. (I barely used that card, maybe putting $1K through it in 2 years.) I put a large Costco trip on it as a "Thank You!" to Elan Smiley Happy

That is good news. The previous poster must have spoken to a CSR that did not know what they were talking about.

I think that CSR meant any requested CLI would be a HP on all three CRAs. It used to be SP depending on the CLI amount requested and if they HP, they would pull from one CRA.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.