Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax CIO sentenced to prison for insider trading from 2017 data breach

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Equifax CIO sentenced to prison for insider trading from 2017 data breach

How this makes me smile, although I know more people should of probably been sentenced as well as all C levels knew about it and those that sold should imo be held accountable.  Puts a small smile on my face when I saw this today.  How i hate everything about equifax and how they do business

https://www.theverge.com/2019/6/29/20056655/jun-ying-equifax-breach-jail-time-insider-trading-depart...

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax CIO sentenced to prison for insider trading from 2017 data breach

Good share!

Message 2 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Unbelievable 😐

Message 3 of 18
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Just 4 months? feels liek it should me more, just to set an example.

Message 4 of 18
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

Pretty sure in his assessment of the his losses, he thought he would have lost a lot more that $117,000. For someone in his position that seems like it would have been such a small loss to take such a huge risk for.  

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

This post gives me a "warm fuzzy feeling" got'ta love the people we trust ? Put 'em in jail and throw away the key!!! Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 18
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

That four month sentence is a joke. 

Rebuild Cards

Goal Cards

Loans
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

There’s should have been a $1mil fine as well. 

This makes me sick there’s people in jail as I type that have no evidence against them and keep getting their trial pushed back as they get lost in the system and this guy gets off with a slap on the wrist followed by a kiss to make it all better.

Message 8 of 18
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@800FICOGoal wrote:

That four month sentence is a joke. 

Not exactly, it goes on the permanent record and he's also going to be listed in the financial crimes database for pulling that stunt.  I'd have a lot harder time finding employment with that, and I'm just a leaf object in a field that has no memory because nobody can find enough qualified people.

I don't usually even think this way generally but if I were going to pull a stunt which isn't legal, it'd have to be more than enough money to walk away probably to a non-extradition country. 117k, jeez that doesn't even pay off my mortgage... tack on two zeros at the end of that would be around the minimum for me to even wrap my head around it, I don't like my life that much right now, but I don't hate it enough to pick up and start over elsewhere either.

        
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Revelate  hmm ... " ... I'm just a leaf object in a field..." and the leaf field is all four leaf clovers! Don't kid us ... your like a cat with nine lives Smiley Happy You have accomplished a lot and then a little more!!!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.