Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax CIO sentenced to prison for insider trading from 2017 data breach

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax CIO sentenced to prison for insider trading from 2017 data breach

@Anonymous wrote:

Revelate  hmm ... " ... I'm just a leaf object in a field..." and the leaf field is all four leaf clovers! Don't kid us ... your like a cat with nine lives Smiley Happy You have accomplished a lot and then a little more!!!

Meh, I've made already rich people a lot of money and I've made myself a little nest egg, but that's more due to luck as well vis a vis my stock portfolio has increased 40% YTD so far, which is absurdly lucky, certainly not based on any skill on my part.

Someday I will do something different with my life, realized yesterday this is not the life that I want and I've been settling for "it's fine" for too long, need to fix that.

Short term going to grind out a document I have badly procrastinated on, not that anyone other than the project manager really cares, over this weekend, and then get on with the rest of my life... new pair of running shoes and an updated heart rate monitor coming this weekend, time to get my exercise on and time to start educating myself again, and then go from there.

On the flipside another month of paid bench time fell out of the sky while my second gig languishes not being assigned to a project, like seriously completely screwing up this year and everything financial is coming up aces... this economy is just goofy silly for me anyway when I have a company willing to pay me my full market rate for what amounts to a retainer fee, oh that's funny that's more than enough time to finish maxing my 401k too haha, jeez, just utterly ridiculous.

        
Message 11 of 18
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

4 MONTHS!!!!

**bleep**, that’s not even a slap on the hand—more like a tap. Sheesh, I’ll do insider trading if that’s all the time I’ll get. Unbelievable!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 12 of 18
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Glad justice was served...somewhat IMHO. He gets 4 mos for a clear case of insider trading while Martha stewart go @12!mos for a ‘perceived’ ( my words) case of insider trading.

Message 13 of 18
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

4 months. What a complete joke.

I wonder how much he's actually gotten away with in the past.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

interesting. thanks for sharing 

Message 15 of 18
KJinNC
Valued Contributor

I don't take joy in anyone's misfortune, but Equifax is close to an exception. I despise Equifax and wish they would go out of business. I apologize to anyone here who works for Equifax or would be harmed by that, but they operate like they are a front for the mob.

FICO Resilience Index: 64. Cards: 5/24, 2/12, 2/6. Accounts including loans: 8/24, 4/12, 3/6. Card CLs total $213,900, or $240,400 including the AU card. Cards (oldest to newest)

Authorized user / Corporate / Auto loans / Personal loan
Message 16 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@RevelateI like the way you think. In the 90s I interviewed for Corporate Financial Controller for a small hotel company and a question came up about honesty. I told them that I can't believe how stupid some people are, I would never compromise my self esteem or standing in the community for a couple hundred or even a couple thousand bucks, but give me a chance to make off with a couple million and I might think about it for a minute. But then if you stole that much they'd never stop chasing after you and you'd have to hide out in the jungles of Bolivia, and what good would the money do you then? So, you might as well be honest.

I got the job.

Message 17 of 18
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Well if I choose to be dishonest and profit from it you can guarantee others will not be hurt in the process. He put ALL of us at risk and that is unacceptable—I don’t care if it’s him or anyone else. That’s unethicalAF!

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.