Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax Free TrustedID Premier - [ENDING Jan 31st 2019]

tag
iv
Valued Contributor

Equifax Free TrustedID Premier - [ENDING Jan 31st 2019]

If you signed up for the Equifax TrustedID Premier service after the Equifax breach last year, they are now extending the initial one-year free subscription "until further notice" for free. (As well they should!)

It's not clear when/if anyone who did NOT sign up last year will be able to enroll.

"Following the cybersecurity incident announced on September 7, 2017, Equifax committed to providing TrustedID® Premier free for one year, so U.S. consumers could obtain free monitoring services and automated alerts of key changes to their Equifax®, Experian® and TransUnion® credit reports. You enrolled in TrustedID Premier, and we sincerely hope this product has been a useful tool in helping you be vigilant about your credit.

Your one year subscription is approaching expiration. Until further notice, and AT NO COST TO YOU, Equifax will extend your subscription.

No action from you is required at this time. Your TrustedID Premier subscription will automatically extend until further notice."

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Equifax Free TrustedID Premier - will continue indefinitely

Better stay free.. just awaiting for all the true law suits to hit them still although consumer will see most likely only a few dollars, the lawyer that handles this class action among many other state level ones will come off rich.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got the same email titled "Important Information About Your TrustedID® Premier Product", thought the free ride was over before opening it. Haven't even logged in or refresh the daily report in months, Credit Lock is the only feature that interests me.
Message 3 of 14
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just got the same email titled "Important Information About Your TrustedID® Premier Product", thought the free ride was over before opening it. Haven't even logged in or refresh the daily report in months, Credit Lock is the only feature that interest me.

At some point in the past year, they started including SPs on the daily report there, which may be of interest to some people...

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for pointing that out iv, will check it out later tonight. Love the credit lock though, allowed me to switch to the free version of TU (TrueIdentity with free TU credit lock), used to pay $10 a month for TU subscription that offered credit lock for both TU & EQ, thought I had to go back to that setup when I saw the email title, was pleasantly surprised to find they were extending it.
Message 5 of 14
Medic981
Valued Contributor

@iv wrote:

If you signed up for the Equifax TrustedID Premier service after the Equifax breach last year, they are now extending the initial one-year free subscription "until further notice" for free. (As well they should!)

It's not clear when/if anyone who did NOT sign up last year will be able to enroll.

"Following the cybersecurity incident announced on September 7, 2017, Equifax committed to providing TrustedID® Premier free for one year, so U.S. consumers could obtain free monitoring services and automated alerts of key changes to their Equifax®, Experian® and TransUnion® credit reports. You enrolled in TrustedID Premier, and we sincerely hope this product has been a useful tool in helping you be vigilant about your credit.

Your one year subscription is approaching expiration. Until further notice, and AT NO COST TO YOU, Equifax will extend your subscription.

No action from you is required at this time. Your TrustedID Premier subscription will automatically extend until further notice."

This is good news!

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 6 of 14
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out iv, will check it out later tonight. Love the credit lock though, allowed me to switch to the free version of TU (TrueIdentity with free TU credit lock), used to pay $10 a month for TU subscription that offered credit lock for both TU & EQ, thought I had to go back to that setup when I saw the email title, was pleasantly surprised to find they were extending it.

What do you use for EX? That's the only one I couldn't find a free service with credit lock, I pay $10/mo. for Experian's IndentityWorks Plus which gives me unlimited EX Fico8 scores in addition to credit lock. I use TrueIdentity for TU. I have TustedID but haven't used it in ages, I lucked out and had a 1 month trial of EQ's Complete Premier service when the data breach was announced and they've continued that for free, it was around $30/mo. and gives unlimited EQ Fico 8 + credit lock, hope they continue that for free.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dave, same as you, $9.95/month Experian IdentityWorkd Plus, the only pay subscription I have.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shortly after it happend, I verified my info was at risk and they were supposed to send me a log in and I got the email saying they were processing as fast as they could and I would be getting more info soon, but nothing ever came!

Message 9 of 14
topgunvf
Regular Contributor

@iv wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Just got the same email titled "Important Information About Your TrustedID® Premier Product", thought the free ride was over before opening it. Haven't even logged in or refresh the daily report in months, Credit Lock is the only feature that interest me.

At some point in the past year, they started including SPs on the daily report there, which may be of interest to some people...

I've noticed this too.........quite intriguing to see all the promotional SP's that otherwise would never see except for the mailers.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.