Did you mean: 

Equifax - data breach - 143 million US consumers

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax - data breach - 143 million US consumers

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

It gets better. 3 executives sold 1.8 million in stock after the breach was discovered:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-07/three-equifax-executives-sold-stock-before-reveal...

Insider trading, anyone? Smiley Mad

Somehow I think the security and trade commission will be looking into this and they will be prosecuted as that is inside information if it is true.

might have filed an anonymous complaint with the SEC, to ensure it's looked into. Smiley LOL

Message 31 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

I enrolled both my wife and I hoping to get some details on impact, personally.  The enrollment only provided me with dates on when to come back for continuing the enrollment, not other details on whether or not actually impacted.  Has anyone received any other details on personal impact or know how to retrieve this information?

Message 32 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same message giving me date of 9/14/17 to enroll in their protection thing.

But it didn't mention if I was impacted

In early August I had tried to obtain my annual credit report and was told I had to snail mail my
information.

I'm wondering if they were already aware of the breach then and wanted everything done by hand just to be safe.

But I'm guessing the hackers still could have got my 2017 information so sad. Idk what to do know.
Message 33 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleted because yet again someone beat me to the punch.

Message 34 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yet they charged me 5 dollars to freeze my reports there.......

Message 35 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope this will lead to getting rid of the law that we have to provide our Socal Security Account Number. Doubt it.

This was only intended for our SS Account and not for identification, but laws were changed.

Message 36 of 519
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Equifax Data Breach

@Financiers wrote:
My favorite is, "Hey we just got hacked and 143 million people's data was stolen, but be sure to enter your information on our website to check and see if you were hacked." Totally feels safe to do, haha

+1

What else to add that hasn't already been said or discovered etc. This is of course highly unacceptable and potentially permanently debilitating for many.

Message 37 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

Really they should go out of business over this.  They can't even remove wrong addresses from my report, have my occupation from a job I had over 20 years ago when I was in college. and don't give early exclusions,

funny i I had a conversation with a coworker today.  We have two programs that each create a file.  The only difference is one includes SSN and date of birth and the other does not and is pubocallly downloadable,  A guy on my team wanted to combine them and just have them called with a different parameter and I said no if someone runs with the wrong parameter and 5 million people's Data is posted on a public website we will all be out of jobs no matters who's fault it is.  

Message 38 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

It gets better. 3 executives sold 1.8 million in stock after the breach was discovered:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-07/three-equifax-executives-sold-stock-before-reveal...

Insider trading, anyone? Smiley Mad

Sounds like jail time for them.  Maybe not though as U.S. Attorney who was going after these Wall Street cheats was fired.  

Message 39 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... and adding gas to the fire, the link they've given out for consumers to check if their info was potentially impacted doesn't do that:

https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/potential-impact/

Clicking the 'Check Potential Impact' button serves a form that asks for last name and last 6 digits of your social security number. When I enter this info and click continue, all I get is a message that says:

- - - - - - 

Thank You

Your enrollment date for TrustedID Premier is:

09/13/2017

Please be sure to mark your calendar as you will not receive additional reminders. On or after your enrollment date, please return tofaq.trustedidpremier.com and click the link to continue through the enrollment process.

- - - - - - 

... which doesn't address whether my info has been impacted. The link in the message just serves a general info page. Not cool. 

+1

Same thing I got. It said it would tell you a message if we are impacted. My first thought was crap it told me to enroll, but maybe if it doesn't give us the message that we are the few lucky ones not impacted?? One can only hope. I'm still enrolling tho.

Message 40 of 519
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.