Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax - data breach - 143 million US consumers

@Anonymous wrote:

This was my husband's message:

AffectedDH.JPG

This was my message:

Affected.JPG

Very helpful.  Thank you!

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 71 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the enrollment button as well.  When I finished enrolling it said it would email me details at some future undetermined time.  Them being busy selling stock and all..

Message 72 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the enrollment button as well.  When I finished enrolling it said it would email me details at some future undetermined time.  Them being busy selling stock and all..

Yeah, I'm still waiting for the link to complete my enrollment. I'm really freaking annoyed at this whole thing.

Message 73 of 519
Rebuilding69
Established Contributor

Yiiiiiiiiiikes! Smiley Surprised

I'll take a free lifetime subscription to myfico monitoring, and a free lifetime freeze/unfreeze option whenever I want! lol

Message 74 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just when we thought Equifax couldn't get any worse...

Message 75 of 519
EW800
Valued Contributor

Anyone else think that for a breach of this size, one year of the TrustedID is not nearly long enough. Compromised data such as this can be floating around out there for years.  It is not necessary acted on by criminals in the first 365 days.  We could become victims years from now.  I think they should have made this two to three years, at the least.  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 76 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EW800 wrote:

Anyone else think that for a breach of this size, one year of the TrustedID is not nearly long enough. Compromised data such as this can be floating around out there for years.  It is not necessary acted on by criminals in the first 365 days.  We could become victims years from now.  I think they should have made this two to three years, at the least.  

Totally agree. I'm going to put all my reports on ice, and DH is too. This will keep us safe, and help keep me in the garden club. Smiley Tongue

Message 77 of 519
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Hex wrote:
Notice that they waited a month before telling anyone. Also notice the news dump during a category 5 hurricane. They have the worst customer service of the CRB's. I hope they go bankrupt and it gets listed on their credit report!!! I hope they go out of business.

Could not agree more. Horrible company. Hope they sink like the Titanic (they won't, though). 

Message 78 of 519
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

On the bright side, they're offering a free year of TrustedID Premier 3 bureau credit monitoring to all consumers, whether affected or not:

https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/

Thank You
Your enrollment date for TrustedID Premier is:
09/13/2017
Please be sure to mark your calendar as you will not receive additional reminders. On or after your enrollment date, please return to faq.trustedidpremier.com and click the link to continue through the enrollment process.
For more information visit the FAQ page.

Message 79 of 519
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Great! Another breach!

Once more into the breach; dear friends; once more;

Or close the wall up with our Equifax dead.

- William Shakespeare

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 80 of 519
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.