Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax data breach case decided by SCOTUS

tag
Hex
Valued Contributor

Equifax data breach case decided by SCOTUS

SCOTUS declined to hear the appeal so the lower court's ruling stands. Stupid Equifax actually appealed to The Supreme Court to attempt to stop/delay paying people. Ha!

https://www.equifaxbreachsettlement.com/

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Hex
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax data breach case decided by SCOTUS

Look at #9 of FAQs to see more information on credit monitoring/payments. Looks like case was settled on 01/11/22. Credit monitoring to start in late February. 

Message 2 of 9
Hex
Valued Contributor

If you asked for cash and you have moved in the last 3 years or so you might want to update your address with them. I

wonder how many people died waiting for their money? Stupid Equifax.   Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 9
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

@Hex wrote:

SCOTUS declined to hear the appeal so the lower court's ruling stands. Stupid Equifax actually appealed to The Supreme Court to attempt to stop/delay paying people. Ha!

https://www.equifaxbreachsettlement.com/

General comment - my experiences with Equifax have rarely been positive.  Not sure what the deal is with them.  Of the three main CRAs - in my opinion and experience - Equifax is by far the worst.  I hope that I am in the overwhelming minority there.

FICO 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Auto 9 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Bankcard 8 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JULY 04:

Starting Score: Exp 627
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
Hex
Valued Contributor

Message 5 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Pure BS and stonewalling no matter what they call procedure.

It should never taken as long as it has for a Final Verdict let alone compensations which only further delay matters.

Message 6 of 9
805orbust
Valued Contributor

EQ is pathetic imo. I love how their restitution is... more of their awful products? 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@HowDoesThisAllWork wrote:

General comment - my experiences with Equifax have rarely been positive.  Not sure what the deal is with them.  Of the three main CRAs - in my opinion and experience - Equifax is by far the worst.  I hope that I am in the overwhelming minority there.

In the last week, I received 3 letters from Equifax. One saying I'm not eligible for a new credit report because I've applied within the last year, the second saying I need to submit SSN and address verification documents to get a new credit report, and third of course being my credit report. That does not strike me as the height of competence.

Message 8 of 9
icednightpaper
Regular Contributor

I always wonder just how much incompetence or data loss is happening; that we don't hear about. Of course this was a huge one and one that Equifax really didn't get punished enough for but what else is there?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.