Andypanda
Established Contributor

Equifax ex CEO during breach to receive $20 million bonus

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax ex CEO during breach to receive $20 million bonus

Sadly this happens more often than not, what's worse is when the person in question is at fault. In tbhis case I can't say he's personally responsible for what happend, as in "allowed" it to happen. He was cleared of any wrongdoing by the Company, although maybe it should have been performed by an outside/neutral party.

There is the saying a Captain must go down with his ship, meaning he's still responsible for anything that happens on his watch.

So being rewarded in such a fashion for what many see as a failure to protect Millions of peoples info, is definitely a slap in the face. 

I wonder how many average workers lost their job over this though?

Message 2 of 4
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sadly this happens more often than not, what's worse is when the person in question is at fault. In tbhis case I can't say he's personally responsible for what happend, as in "allowed" it to happen. He was cleared of any wrongdoing by the Company, although maybe it should have been performed by an outside/neutral party.

There is the saying a Captain must go down with his ship, meaning he's still responsible for anything that happens on his watch.

So being rewarded in such a fashion for what many see as a failure to protect Millions of peoples info, is definitely a slap in the face. 

I wonder how many average workers lost their job over this though?

+1 AGREED, especially the part regarding the average workers!

As a side note - the former CEO is receiving 1,000 times the $20,000 maximum payout that any financially damaged customer can collect from Equifax!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot imagine putting the person in jail or seizing any of his assets! Surely do not want to disrupt family life Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.