Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax launches free monthly credit report through myEquifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax launches free monthly credit report through myEquifax

cf. DoC

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/equifax-launches-core-credit-free-equifax-credit-report-vantagescore-...

They will provide free Equifax report with VantageScore 3.0, both of which updated monthly. Offered through myEquifax, users will also be able to manage security freezes and disputes from there.

----

I wonder if anyone else is about to sign up for this and how the process felt like. I just tried to sign up for myEquifax and stuck at verification. They provided me four questions: #1 - they said I may have an auto loan in 2013 and asked me which creditor was that; #2 is about the amount of the loan for #1; #3 - they said I may have an installment loan; #4 is about the amount of loan for #3. I don't have any of those so the choices are all "none of the above" and then they can't verify me.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax launches free monthly credit report through myEquifax

Thanks for sharing this. Equifax was the only CRA I don't get alerts for, so this is great. 

When I signed up, I wasn't given verification questions but instead had a code sent to my phone. I recently did a 3-bureau fraud alert and used the same phone number to sign up as on the alert, so maybe that's why the code was used. 

Once signed in, the interface is nice and user friendly. It helped me identify a discrepancy between my reports that I hadn't noticed before. Interestingly, my Transunion VantageScore is very close to my TU FICO (+3 points), but my Equifax VantageScore is much lower than my EQ FICO (-17 points). 

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I signed up last week. It’s okay, I’m still probably going to request a security freeze.
Message 3 of 18
Credit_Flavours
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. Just signed up now. Pretty comprehensive and easy to navigate, interface. Hope it stays the same way. Thanks again.

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just tried to sign up for myEquifax and stuck at verification. They provided me four questions: #1 - they said I may have an auto loan in 2013 and asked me which creditor was that; #2 is about the amount of the loan for #1; #3 - they said I may have an installment loan; #4 is about the amount of loan for #3. I don't have any of those so the choices are all "none of the above" and then they can't verify me.

I had the same thing happen to me back in March when trying to get my free annual credit report from Equifax. I answered all questions correctly and couldn't be verified. The verification was fine with TU and EX.

I've seen a lot of posts online from people who had the same problem with Equifax. Many think it has to do with incorrect information in the LexisNexis database that EQ is using. I don't know if that's the case, but LexisNexis is well known for collecting as much information on people as technologically possible. There's no way it could all be individually verified, so the error rate must be pretty high.

I ended up having to send in a copy of my driver's license and social security card, and the credit report came back in less than 2 weeks.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I had the same thing happen to me back in March when trying to get my free annual credit report from Equifax. I answered all questions correctly and couldn't be verified. The verification was fine with TU and EX.

I've seen a lot of posts online from people who had the same problem with Equifax. Many think it has to do with incorrect information in the LexisNexis database that EQ is using. I don't know if that's the case, but LexisNexis is well known for collecting as much information on people as technologically possible. There's no way it could all be individually verified, so the error rate must be pretty high.

I ended up having to send in a copy of my driver's license and social security card, and the credit report came back in less than 2 weeks.

Same, TransUnion and Experian are fine for me too but always having problems with Equifax. But if I pay for a credit report and fako score on Equifax website, they will get that ready for me.

I actually checked my LexisNexis (full file disclosure + Accurint report) and didn't see anything that doesn't really belong to me. There was no loan related information on LN reports so I don't see where they come up with the verification questions. Of course that doesn't mean they don't have them, they could have them on a specific type of report that I haven't discovered yet.

----

Anyways, I created my account on myEquifax this morning and got issues with verification, had to call them. They somehow removed a lock on my account (iirc) then reset my password. I tried again and still got the "cannot process your request" error, but they also told me the reset will take 48 hours to take effect (despite I can login, it just gives me the error after I enter my correct login info).

Tried again this evening, it let me login and I enrolled Core Credit. This time, my dashboard showed we could not process your request or something. But I logged in again after an hour or so and it's good now.

As a side note, I used to opt out of prescreened offers but then opted in again late 2017. TransUnion and Experian don't show I am opted out but Equifax is still showing my file is blocked for promotional offers.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beware that opting in to this service seemingly removes your ability to get free annual credit reports from Equifax. This was at the bottom of the email they sent me yesterday  

CF7250A5-293E-4189-9B0C-CAAE47C050FF.jpeg

I don’t want to do any business with EQ. They don’t even have an app for this service. I’ll just take my free EX three bureau monitoring starting next year as a result of the EQ breach and pay my $1 a month to pull my reports and scores in the meantime. 

Message 7 of 18
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

I wonder if this is what they are preparing as the "free credit monitoring service" you get from the credit breach agreement?

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Duke-Nukem it could be. Although that monitoring service is supposed to be three bureau.
Message 9 of 18
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Credit Karma already has the EQ Vantagescore 3.0 so sadly this won’t be of much use to me. Wish it was a FICO.
AU

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.