Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax launches free monthly credit report through myEquifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax launches free monthly credit report through myEquifax

One good thing about it is it gives you a lazy man’s access to credit freeze, even though it was already easy.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax did this to my mom. I was helping her freeze everything and nobody gave her problems but Equifax... They want mailed documents etc etc. she decided to stick with the lock, which she already has.

Poor mom. :-(
Message 12 of 18
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Beware that opting in to this service seemingly removes your ability to get free annual credit reports from Equifax. This was at the bottom of the email they sent me yesterday  

CF7250A5-293E-4189-9B0C-CAAE47C050FF.jpeg

This does not appear to refer to the annualcreditreport.com once-a-year free reports (or to the additional state-mandated ones), but to the base myEquifax service, which includes two reports a year, no VantageScore.  Completing the second signup process on the site disables the two-a-year option, and replaces it with one-a-month and a VS3.0.  Odd... but that's Equifax for you!

Important note for anyone signing up, though! READ THE TERMS.

https://www.equifax.com/terms/myequifaxterms/

https://www.equifax.com/privacy/myEquifaxServices/

https://www.equifax.com/terms/

https://www.equifax.com/assets/corp/consumer-privacy-notice.pdf

https://www.equifax.com/privacy/equifax-personal-products/

Yes, you are agreeing to all five of those documents when you sign up.

And one of them includes mandatory binding arbitration...

...unless you send, within 30 days, a "clear statement that you do not wish to resolve disputes with Equifax through arbitration", along with you name, address, and Equifax User ID, to: Equifax Consumer Services LLC, Attn.: Arbitration Opt-Out, P.O. Box 105496, Atlanta, GA 30348

The "Limitation of Liability" is ...interesting..., too:

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. NEITHER WE NOR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATED PERSONS WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY ARISING OUT OF OR CAUSED, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, BY ANY NEGLIGENT ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY SUCH PERSON IN PREPARING, REPORTING OR DELIVERING THE ACCOUNT, PROVIDING AUTHENTICATION SERVICES, OR IN DOING ANYTHING RELATED THERETO. NEITHER WE NOR THE AFFILIATED PERSONS WILL BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR OPPORTUNITIES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION AND LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR DATA) IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, ANY USE OR RELIANCE UPON INFORMATION FOUND AT THIS SITE OR PROVIDED BY US OR THE  ACCOUNT PROVIDED AT THIS SITE OR THROUGH ANY OTHER MEDIUM, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.

THIS SECTION DOES NOT APPLY TO NEW JERSEY RESIDENTS.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems the entire Equifax Server is down. You lot in to unlock your Equifax or view My Equifax. Lol
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing is done for Free. Think ahead. If you recall for the EQ "Settlement" process it states that if you accept "credit monitoring" from EQ you waive your right to any monetary damages concerning the settlement distribution. In essence I believe this will negate any right to "Damages" once the EQ Settlement plays out.

Message 15 of 18
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

FYI: If you access this free credit report check it out throughly. I got mine and it was SIGNIFICANTLY wrong.

I have several late pays (30 day) across several accounts and in this free report it’s reporting ALL of them at 60 day vs. 30. It’s seemed to be consistent as my one 60 and 90 day is showing 90 and 120 respectively. I pay for EQ monitoring and the two reports are different. It appears as though they put a ‘round to the next 30 day’ calculator on my file!! Ha Ha

If only they would round my score to the next 30... 😉

I had to contact the Global Consumer Solutions team who been researching this for the past 3 weeks and we’re quite shocked at the content of this free report.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my pin in the mail signed up you can now freeze equifax yayyyy
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Got my pin in the mail signed up you can now freeze equifax yayyyy

FCRA gave you that right anyway. Was EQ protesting? I had no issues.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.