Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax "Retirements" Have Begun

tag
EW800
Valued Contributor

Equifax "Retirements" Have Begun

And the "retirements" begin....

http://ktla.com/2017/09/15/equifaxs-chief-information-officer-and-chief-security-officer-retiring/

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

Re: Equifax "Retirements" Have Begun

Don't doubt with a hefty severence package.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sailing out on Golden parachutes - I am sure. Still not going to keep them out of jail...

Message 3 of 19
EW800
Valued Contributor

I agree completely. I am sure they both got incredible packages and at least at the moment are probably laughing at us in on the way to the bank.

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 4 of 19
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sailing out on Golden parachutes - I am sure. Still not going to keep them out of jail...

Considering that only one banking exec went to jail after the last financial crisis, I'm more cynical about the chances of any successful prosecution.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Considering that only one banking exec went to jail after the last financial crisis, I'm more cynical about the chances of any successful prosecution.

Similar here. There will almost certainly be political hearings, speechifying and statements galore (my state AG, whom I do adore for getting actual stuff accomplished too, is already shuffling out statements left and right) but I have my doubts about whether there will be any true consequences of it all. Maybe an example or two, but not what actually needs to happen to make widespread change - not just at CRAs, but everywhere that handles our identity information (which, today, is pretty much everyone). 

Message 6 of 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

CEO soon be released by the board of directors / stakeholders guessing a few weeks max followed be the CFO for bad judgement and most likely insider trading and the list will grow.

Message 7 of 19
marty56
Super Contributor

IMHO it was a TU mole that did it.

As a cyber secruity professional, I might benefit from this.  Show me the money!

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 8 of 19
EW800
Valued Contributor

Equifax CEO $30M Payday When Fired

This artcle claims that when Equifax's CEO is fired, he will walk away with about $30M.  The victims of this breach will get enough to perhaps cover a cup of coffee, if that.  

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/if-youre-an-equifax-victim-dont-expect-more-than-a-few-bucks-in-com...

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Equifax CEO $30M Payday When Fired

Gotta love those golden parachutes. The worst part is the whole industry participates in this behavior with their executives. If only there was some sort of regulator that could crack down on these things...

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.