cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax will reportedly pay $700 million in fines due to the 2017 security breach

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 71 of 82
Bees18
Frequent Contributor

Re: Equifax Data Breach - Claiming Time Spent - What to include?

Did anyone actually receive a payout from this? How is the credit monitoring via experian? 

Message 72 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bees18 wrote:

Did anyone actually receive a payout from this? How is the credit monitoring via experian? 

Payouts and monitoring won't be sent before the 22nd this month. 

Message 73 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bees18 wrote:

Payouts and monitoring won't be sent before the 22nd this month. 

After expenses will the true victims actually receive any benefits? Seems attorneys and OTHERS benefit not the victims?   Smiley Sad

Message 74 of 82
GApeachy
Super Contributor

I forgot about this...never did anything.  Missed the free credit monitoring.Smiley Sad

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 75 of 82
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

With all the horror stories I’ve read on here about Equifax—difficult to reach a human, freezing/unlocking problems, ID verification, and of course the breach itself—no way in hell was I subjecting myself to their free credit monitoring!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 76 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:
With all the horror stories I’ve read on here about Equifax—difficult to reach a human, freezing/unlocking problems, ID verification, and of course the breach itself—no way in hell was I subjecting myself to their free credit monitoring!

It's not through them, it's through Experian. 

Message 77 of 82
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

For the Equifax breach?  I'm confused but wasn't that through Equifax?

The recent Yahoo one I think is Experian... and I pay for their service anyway.  I'm not even going to be sending in the form.  Out of all the free services I still think Credit Karma is the best one FWIW anything above that is irrelevant though I know I'm in the incredibly tiny minority of the consumer population.

There's been so many recently I can't keep them straight Cat Tongue

        
Message 78 of 82
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

The recent Yahoo one I think is Experian... and I pay for their service anyway.  I'm not even going to be sending in the form.  Out of all the free services I still think Credit Karma is the best one FWIW anything above that is irrelevant though I know I'm in the incredibly tiny minority of the consumer population.

For some reason I'm getting 6 free credit reports from Equifax per year.  I just found that out a few days ago.  But @Revelate   the only thing that I really like about the report is it gives you a past with current list of Soft Pulls.  That just seems golden for some reason.  CK is the Go-To freebie for sure and Exp.'s freebie is good to get but Credit.com (Exp. vant) keeps up too.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 79 of 82
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

The credit monitoring for the Equifax breach is provided by Experian for the first 4 years and extended monitoring is offered by Equifax. 

"Settlement Benefit: Credit Monitoring Services: The Settlement provides a way to help protect yourself from unauthorized use of your personal information. Settlement Class Members may submit a claim to enroll in at least four (4) years of three-bureau credit monitoring services, provided by Experian, at no cost."

"If you submitted a valid claim and enrolled in Credit Monitoring Services, you could elect to enroll in up to six (6) years of one-bureau credit monitoring services provided by Equifax that would begin after the three-bureau Credit Monitoring Services expire."

https://www.equifaxbreachsettlement.com/faq#q-8

Message 80 of 82
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.