cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equifax will reportedly pay $700 million in fines due to the 2017 security breach

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Contributor

Re: Equifax will reportedly pay $700 million in fines due to the 2017 security breach

@CreditInspired wrote:

I applied yesterday. When did y’all apply. 

I applied last night myself. 

Starting FICO 8 Scores 5-5-19

Current Scores

Starting Mortgage Scores 5-5-19

Current Mortgage Scores

Message 61 of 63
New Visitor

Re: Equifax will reportedly pay $700 million in fines due to the 2017 security breach

I signed the settlement for the $125 payout. Expecting to get maybe $1 if I'm lucky. Terrible how the cash option is capped out at $30 million for everyone. 

Discover IT | July 2017 | $6800 CL
Chase Freedom | August 2018 | $6700 CL
Citi AAdvantage | February 2019 | $4800 CL
Uber VISA | August 2019 | $6000 CL
FICO Scores: EQ 762 | TU 759
Message 62 of 63
Frequent Contributor

From the FTC, July 31: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/blog/2019/07/equifax-data-breach-pick-free-credit-monitoring

"For those who have already submitted claims for this cash payment, look for an email from the settlement administrator. They’ll be asking you for the name of the credit monitoring service you already have. Or, if you want to change your mind, you’ll have a chance to switch to the free credit monitoring."

I'm going to switch to the free credit monitoring, because getting that 78 cent check is gonna make me mad when it shows up next year.

27 FICO Scores + 3 VS3. MTG (Mortgage), AUT (Auto), and BKC (Bankcard) are scores 5,4, and 2 from the top.
Message 63 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.