Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fed Rate Hike from 1.50% to 1.75%

0.25% more WoW...

Message 2 of 9
beutiful5678
Frequent Contributor

The central bank also suggested that additional rate increases are coming later this year.

^^ This is the important part of the article. Thank god my student loans are fixed rate.

EX 8: Aug 2021 - 692 | EQ 8: Aug 2021 - 714 | TU 8: Aug 2021 - 673
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@beutiful5678wrote:
The central bank also suggested that additional rate increases are coming later this year.

^^ This is the important part of the article. Thank god my student loans are fixed rate.

Congrats! on getting your loans fixed wise thing to do. Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 9
silvius
New Contributor

These increases have been coming for some time now.  It will be interesting to see what happens if the stock market gets worse than correction territory.

January 2023: 850 (Equifax FICO 9)
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@silvius wrote:

These increases have been coming for some time now.  It will be interesting to see what happens if the stock market gets worse than correction territory.

stock market does seem to be bullish still DOW likely to keep climbing... either way I've got no money in it so not worried ... when everyone got wiped out with 401K,etc in the '08 mess that told me all I need to know about the market. Granted people do invest and create wealth but they probably have money to offset loses. ftm I always deal in cash and sometimes credit and when 08 happen I was fine.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be interesting. Couple months ago,  I thought 3 more hikes this year would get rate to 2.5 and long bond would be over 3 and get to 4 by year end 

now with all this trade stuff , I don’t know if economy will tank. 10 year touched 2.9 and has backed off to 2.77. I wonder if the bond market is expecting a slow down in future 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@silvius wrote:

stock market does seem to be bullish still DOW likely to keep climbing... either way I've got no money in it so not worried ... when everyone got wiped out with 401K,etc in the '08 mess that told me all I need to know about the market. Granted people do invest and create wealth but they probably have money to offset loses. ftm I always deal in cash and sometimes credit and when 08 happen I was fine.

Unlikely it keeps rising because of a few factors. 

First, the fed rate hike (and it'll keep going up). Second, trade war with China. Third, it's already overvalued as it is and is due for another correction in the near future.

Also - people who invest know when to pull their money out and when to leave it in. It isn't a skill you can really teach, but a skill you aquire based on experience in the stock market. Many people put a percentage of assets into gold and precious metals to counterbalance the losses inquired from other stocks. 

Most people - unless you invest stupidly, gain money from the stock market. Right now, if you have a large sum of money in the bank, you're losing money to inflation so it's smart to invest rather than let it sit at 0.03% or even 1.55% (still an inflation loss). 

Message 8 of 9
silvius
New Contributor

Market timing almost never works in the long run.   This is a pretty consistent theme if you do the research.

January 2023: 850 (Equifax FICO 9)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.