cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Federal Reserve approves first interest rate hike in more than three years

gdale6
Moderator

Federal Reserve approves first interest rate hike in more than three years

The Federal Reserve on Wednesday approved its first interest rate increase in more than three years, an incremental salvo to address spiraling inflation without torpedoing economic growth.

 

After keeping its benchmark interest rate anchored near zero since the beginning of the Covid pandemic, the policymaking Federal Open Market Committee said it will raise rates by a quarter percentage point, or 25 basis points.

 

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/16/federal-reserve-meeting.html

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Federal Reserve approves first interest rate hike in more than three years

I can confirm that this is starting to happen. My Costco Visa statement just cut and the interest rate increased from 15.24% to 15.49%.

Current Cards (in order of approval):

            
Current FICO 8 | 9:  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24 month):  
Banks & CUs:                           Goal Cards:
                
Message 2 of 12
Trini88
Established Contributor

Re: Federal Reserve approves first interest rate hike in more than three years

Yep my apr on all my credit cards went up except for FNBO and Target. Waiting on those statements to cut.



Goal Cards:
Message 3 of 12
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Federal Reserve approves first interest rate hike in more than three years

My only single digit APR just went up to 10.15%. Bummer. 👎👎

Last HP 06-03-2022



Message 4 of 12
unsungivy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Federal Reserve approves first interest rate hike in more than three years

I noticed it on my CSP. Was like wait.. that was x.99% before.

Sock Drawer - Business -
Plans -
Message 5 of 12
FinStar
Moderator

Re: Federal Reserve approves first interest rate hike in more than three years


@Adkins wrote:

My only single digit APR just went up to 10.15%. Bummer. 👎👎


And the Feds aren't done yet. This is the first of a series.

Message 6 of 12
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Federal Reserve approves first interest rate hike in more than three years


@FinStar wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

My only single digit APR just went up to 10.15%. Bummer. 👎👎


And the Feds aren't done yet. This is the first of a series.


I expect it. 🤷

Last HP 06-03-2022



Message 7 of 12
Dinosaur
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Federal Reserve approves first interest rate hike in more than three years


@Adkins wrote:

My only single digit APR just went up to 10.15%. Bummer. 👎👎


Join the crowd! Smiley Frustrated

 

As has been recently posted in the Forum this is only the first of many being forecast!

 

The possible side benefit is higher savings/investment rates for consumers as loans start to cost more Smiley Happy As we all know ... there is no such thing as a free ride? Smiley Surprised

Starting Score: 850
Current Score: 831
Goal Score: 850


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 12
lovebackwards
New Contributor

Re: Federal Reserve approves first interest rate hike in more than three years


@gdale6 wrote:

The Federal Reserve on Wednesday approved its first interest rate increase in more than three years, an incremental salvo to address spiraling inflation without torpedoing economic growth.

 

After keeping its benchmark interest rate anchored near zero since the beginning of the Covid pandemic, the policymaking Federal Open Market Committee said it will raise rates by a quarter percentage point, or 25 basis points.

 

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/16/federal-reserve-meeting.html


It's already happened to my Apple Card. I haven't checked my other cards but I'm sure they've gone up as well. 

Starting Score [FICO 9] - Nov 2020    Current FICO 8 Scores - 6/09/2022
                                   
Goal Scores

Credit Cards - Total: $10,000

Inquiries - 24 Months                                                   Most Recent Hard Pull
   
Goal Cards

Gardening since 05/04/2021 - Goal: 24 months
Message 9 of 12
Dinosaur
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Federal Reserve approves first interest rate hike in more than three years

The Federal Reserve said in a news feed yesterday that they are looking at three 0.50% rate increases in 2022 and the next change would occur in June 2022.
Starting Score: 850
Current Score: 831
Goal Score: 850


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.