For existing Chase credit card users

tag
Vu
Frequent Contributor
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase & Forced Arbitration

https://thinkprogress.org/chase-just-tried-to-screw-its-credit-card-holders-heres-how-you-can-screw-...

Came across this. Those with Chase cards may want to read & opt out.
Message 2 of 34
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Re: Chase & Forced Arbitration

Thanks for sharing this article, especially since it neatly sums up how to opt out (below). I am a Chase customer but have not received the email. I may send a letter addressing my two accounts just to err on the side of caution.

Can I (the customer) reject this agreement to arbitrate?

Yes. You have the right to reject this agreement to arbitrate if you notify us no later than 8/9/2019. You must do so in writing by stating that you reject this agreement to arbitrate and include your name, account number, address and personal signature. Your notice must be mailed to us at P.O. Box 15298, Wilmington, DE 19850-5298. Rejection notices sent to any other address, or sent by electronic mail or communicated orally, will not be accepted or effective.

Message 3 of 34
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor
Message 4 of 34
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

@VanderSnoot wrote:

I am a Chase customer but have not received the email. I may send a letter addressing my two accounts just to err on the side of caution.

Guess what arrived today? But only for my older account, not for the new (as of May) account that has not yet reported to the CBs. I'll err on the safe side, just in case.

Message 5 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone afraid Chase will start selectively closing down some accounts that opt out?
Message 6 of 34
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is anyone afraid Chase will start selectively closing down some accounts that opt out?

No, that would be too blatantly retalitatory and (I presume) illegal.

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanderSnoot wrote:

Thanks for sharing this article, especially since it neatly sums up how to opt out (below). I am a Chase customer but have not received the email. I may send a letter addressing my two accounts just to err on the side of caution.

Can I (the customer) reject this agreement to arbitrate?

Yes. You have the right to reject this agreement to arbitrate if you notify us no later than 8/9/2019. You must do so in writing by stating that you reject this agreement to arbitrate and include your name, account number, address and personal signature. Your notice must be mailed to us at P.O. Box 15298, Wilmington, DE 19850-5298. Rejection notices sent to any other address, or sent by electronic mail or communicated orally, will not be accepted or effective.

So if I Opt Out and mail it in would it be best to send it Certified Mail so that I proof?  It makes sense to me but I would like other opinions.

Thanks!!

Message 8 of 34
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

Yes. And save a hard copy that has your signature for your files.

Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VanderSnoot wrote:

Yes. And save a hard copy that has your signature for your files.

Thank you.

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.