For existing Chase credit card users

tag
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Re: For existing Chase credit card users

@iced wrote:

@MakingProgress wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MakingProgressconfirming that most of the lenders I use have put in place similar language. The best part is that lenders very seldom loose in Arbitration (isn't that just fine). Smiley Mad

There used to be a saying to never sign a contract without reading it.   In today's society that sould be never click agree to Terms and Conditions without reading them.   Unfortunatly no one reads T&C, we just click and go on our merry way. 

I'm not convinced that reading and accepting the terms really even matters anymore. The T&Cs aren't up for negotiation, and in some cases the particular applications are either essential or useful enough that saying no really isn't an option. Everything from smartphones to your television now come with T&Cs that you must accept, or contain language stating that usage of the product is considered acceptance.

Don't like it? Return that TV and buy another one only to find it has similar T&Cs. The only choice you're going to have in the matter is which company owns your information and can use it for any (legal) reason they see fit.

Honestly, at this point, the only real recourse is to get the government involved in the form of consumer protection legislation and regulation, but good luck convincing enough people to get on board for that. The only thing half this country hates more than some company they have no say in taking their freedoms and telling them what to do is having the very government they help elect take their freedoms and tell them what to do.

I agree it is almost impossible to avoid accepting T&C for things that really sould't even have T&C, but that dosen't mean that we souldn't read them and be informed about what we are agreeing to accept. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 21 of 34
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Got my notices in the mail on my AARP and Freedom yesterday, will be be closing the AARP and opting out of arbitration on the Freedom. I see they also are raising mins to 35. This is the main reason I have decided to can the AARP as its also no longer anything I need reward wise for the 3% gas/restaurants, have equal or better on other cards. I have no need to transfer the limit to Freedom either so it will be 6K gone.

Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

There’s a legal term for that but I can’t recall at the moment, when you have a contract and you have no choice but to accept it as is and that does open it up challenge.... oh yeah adhesion contract.
Message 23 of 34
Budoka
New Contributor

Does anyone know if we have to send an individual letter for each account we have with Chase? Or can we list all of our accounts in one letter? I for one am going to opt-out. Primarily because I don't like the way they tried to sneak this past the consumers. If they do take adverse action against me for doing so, ie closing my accounts/reducing limits, etc., I will close all of my accounts with Chase. I am a Chase Private Client as well and will move all of my assets elsewhere. I did once before years ago with CitiBank and would do it again in a heartbeat with Chase. Screw them.
Message 24 of 34
Budoka
New Contributor

"Please note, Chase has indicated that you must send a separate letter for each of your accounts." Seems it has to be one letter for each account.
Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im still waiting on the website from that link to send the document...anyone else get it?
Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous a little fuzzy here but I believe there is a drop dead date that you must file by (August _, 2019) or Arbitration Clauses become part of the T & C.
Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that’s why am worried about it. There is a link that was supposed to send a form letter to fill out and use, but they never emailed it from that service. That’s why am wondering if anyone else received it? The link was posted in post 15 by @CassieCard.
Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous saw such a draft letter somewhere (not sent to me). In truth, I would aggressively pursue this if you want it. Could be they are letting you wait until it is too late! Trust NO ONE!!!
Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never mind I found a way to access it directly and I found a second one posted by a congressman or congresswoman. I’m going to get it done and in the mail today.
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.