cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For existing Chase credit card users

Estimate your FICO® Score range for free

FICO® Score Estimator

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor
33 REPLIES 33
Contributor

Chase & Forced Arbitration

https://thinkprogress.org/chase-just-tried-to-screw-its-credit-card-holders-heres-how-you-can-screw-...

Came across this. Those with Chase cards may want to read & opt out.
Message 2 of 34
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase & Forced Arbitration

Thanks for sharing this article, especially since it neatly sums up how to opt out (below). I am a Chase customer but have not received the email. I may send a letter addressing my two accounts just to err on the side of caution.

 


Can I (the customer) reject this agreement to arbitrate?

Yes. You have the right to reject this agreement to arbitrate if you notify us no later than 8/9/2019. You must do so in writing by stating that you reject this agreement to arbitrate and include your name, account number, address and personal signature. Your notice must be mailed to us at P.O. Box 15298, Wilmington, DE 19850-5298. Rejection notices sent to any other address, or sent by electronic mail or communicated orally, will not be accepted or effective.





Message 3 of 34
Community Leader
Super Contributor
Message 4 of 34
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase & Forced Arbitration


@VanderSnoot wrote:

I am a Chase customer but have not received the email. I may send a letter addressing my two accounts just to err on the side of caution.

Guess what arrived today? But only for my older account, not for the new (as of May) account that has not yet reported to the CBs. I'll err on the safe side, just in case.





Message 5 of 34
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase & Forced Arbitration

Is anyone afraid Chase will start selectively closing down some accounts that opt out?
Message 6 of 34
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase & Forced Arbitration


@etx wrote:
Is anyone afraid Chase will start selectively closing down some accounts that opt out?

No, that would be too blatantly retalitatory and (I presume) illegal.





Message 7 of 34
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase & Forced Arbitration


@VanderSnoot wrote:

Thanks for sharing this article, especially since it neatly sums up how to opt out (below). I am a Chase customer but have not received the email. I may send a letter addressing my two accounts just to err on the side of caution.

 


Can I (the customer) reject this agreement to arbitrate?

Yes. You have the right to reject this agreement to arbitrate if you notify us no later than 8/9/2019. You must do so in writing by stating that you reject this agreement to arbitrate and include your name, account number, address and personal signature. Your notice must be mailed to us at P.O. Box 15298, Wilmington, DE 19850-5298. Rejection notices sent to any other address, or sent by electronic mail or communicated orally, will not be accepted or effective.


So if I Opt Out and mail it in would it be best to send it Certified Mail so that I proof?  It makes sense to me but I would like other opinions.

 

Thanks!!

As of October 14, 2018









NFCU Cash Rewards, NFCU Flagship, NFCU Platinum, AMEX SPG, Best Buy Visa, Discover, Marvel, Nissan Visa, Uber Visa, Alliant CU Platinum Rewards, Amex BCE, Amex Everyday, Amex Blue Delta Sky Miles, BB & T Spectrum Rewards, BBVA ClearPoints, Capital One Quick Silver, Chase Freedom, Chevron Texaco Visa, DCU Platinum, Langley Cash Back, Pay Pal Mastercard, RBFCU Cash Back, State Farm Good Neighbor, Wells Fargo Cash Wise, RBFCU Premier Rate, Langley Rewards,Amex Hilton, Amex Green, Ollo Platinum, BOA Travel Rewards, Banco Do Brasil, BB & T Bright, BOA Cash Rewards, Precious Moments (Commerce Bank), Commerce Bank Special Connections, HSBC Platinum Rewards, HSBC Cash Rewards,
Also have NFCU CLOC $15,000


Store cards: Target RedCard Credit, Home Depot, Lowes, Ulta, Amazon
Message 8 of 34
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase & Forced Arbitration

Yes. And save a hard copy that has your signature for your files.





Message 9 of 34
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase & Forced Arbitration


@VanderSnoot wrote:

Yes. And save a hard copy that has your signature for your files.


Thank you.

As of October 14, 2018









NFCU Cash Rewards, NFCU Flagship, NFCU Platinum, AMEX SPG, Best Buy Visa, Discover, Marvel, Nissan Visa, Uber Visa, Alliant CU Platinum Rewards, Amex BCE, Amex Everyday, Amex Blue Delta Sky Miles, BB & T Spectrum Rewards, BBVA ClearPoints, Capital One Quick Silver, Chase Freedom, Chevron Texaco Visa, DCU Platinum, Langley Cash Back, Pay Pal Mastercard, RBFCU Cash Back, State Farm Good Neighbor, Wells Fargo Cash Wise, RBFCU Premier Rate, Langley Rewards,Amex Hilton, Amex Green, Ollo Platinum, BOA Travel Rewards, Banco Do Brasil, BB & T Bright, BOA Cash Rewards, Precious Moments (Commerce Bank), Commerce Bank Special Connections, HSBC Platinum Rewards, HSBC Cash Rewards,
Also have NFCU CLOC $15,000


Store cards: Target RedCard Credit, Home Depot, Lowes, Ulta, Amazon
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.