Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those with good credit and looking for a car during pandemic

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: For those with good credit and looking for a car during pandemic

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@sarge12 wrote: I am almost 62 in case you wonder. First car, 1966 chevyII Nova.

I'm almost halfway through 68. First car, 1965 Triumph Spitfire.

@DaveInAZ: That is absolutely gorgeous!

@sarge12: I looked up the 'Buick Electra 225'. That's a cruise ship! haha

Below is Audrey Hepburn with an Alfa Romeo convertible. I absolutely love these cars. If Chevrolet started making these today, and ran print/web/tv ads with this picture...production would probably never meet demand.

"How do I dress like Audrey Hepburn?" is still a very popular question these days, and not a week goes by without Vogue or some other women's magazine praising her style and telling us how to copy her looks. I could see Chevy teaming up with Prada, Gucci, and others for this. (And I'd buy it all!)

hepburn_alfa_romeo.jpg

27 FICO Scores + 3 VS3. MTG (Mortgage), AUT (Auto), and BKC (Bankcard) are scores 5,4, and 2 from the top.

Keeper of the Scrolls of ResilienceEQ FICO Resilience Index Score Leaderboard

48 forum members have shared this new credit score. Share yours today!

Message 11 of 12
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: For those with good credit and looking for a car during pandemic

@CassieCard wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@sarge12 wrote: I am almost 62 in case you wonder. First car, 1966 chevyII Nova.

I'm almost halfway through 68. First car, 1965 Triumph Spitfire.

@DaveInAZ: That is absolutely gorgeous!

@sarge12: I looked up the 'Buick Electra 225'. That's a cruise ship! haha

Below is Audrey Hepburn with an Alfa Romeo convertible. I absolutely love these cars. If Chevrolet started making these today, and ran print/web/tv ads with this picture...production would probably never meet demand.

"How do I dress like Audrey Hepburn?" is still a very popular question these days, and not a week goes by without Vogue or some other women's magazine praising her style and telling us how to copy her looks. I could see Chevy teaming up with Prada, Gucci, and others for this. (And I'd buy it all!)

hepburn_alfa_romeo.jpg

It was also heavy as a tractor trailer...You could hit a train with that car and tear up the train. It was really only meant for travel from 1 gas station to the next though, because you had to stop at every one of them with it's 3 mpg fuel economy. They were more commonly referred to as a deuce and a quarter. I bought it maybe 15-20 years ago for 300 dollars, and don't even remember the year model, but the 60's I think. My most vivid memory of it was the massive trunk, and I am talking width and very deep. It was actually hard to bend over and touch the bottom of the trunk. It was black, and looked like an old family car used in funerals. I think they came in different versions, but that one had the trunk space of a small house I think. I would actually take it places to let people see a real car trunk. It really was ridiculous, and everyone who saw it was amazed.

TU fico08=822 08/24/20
EX fico08=816 08/24/20
EQ fico08=831 10/06/20
EX fico09=825 10/03/20
EQ fico bankcard08=852 07/28/20
TU Fico Bankcard 08=854 09/23/20
EQ NG1 fico=786 07/18/20
EQ Resilience index score=59 08/24/20
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.