Former Chase banker headed to prison for selling customer info

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Former Chase banker headed to prison for selling customer info

@Anonymous wrote:

Gmood1 ... thanks! Now I can sleep better at night Smiley Mad

To increase your comfort, I read a news piece in my travels today on how turning off locational access to your Google Devices may not actually do the job. It seems, unless you pick through other programs on your device that access Google and turn them off along with removing their locational information, law enforcement can still obtain the data and follow your activities legal or otherwise. Have a nice day ... !

@Anonymous, Im considering reactivating my old motorolla flip phone that doesnt have internet access ot texting, LOL.(I still have it btw).

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Former Chase banker headed to prison for selling customer info

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Gmood1 ... thanks! Now I can sleep better at night Smiley Mad

To increase your comfort, I read a news piece in my travels today on how turning off locational access to your Google Devices may not actually do the job. It seems, unless you pick through other programs on your device that access Google and turn them off along with removing their locational information, law enforcement can still obtain the data and follow your activities legal or otherwise. Have a nice day ... !

@Anonymous, Im considering reactivating my old motorolla flip phone that doesnt have internet access ot texting, LOL.(I still have it btw).

Funny you should mention that ... I do have a Flip Phone and it is active along with other devices. Use it for the simple times when I don't want to wade through the Smart Phone process. Did not think about it for it's ability to not access the internet or texting?! Ok ...

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.