cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*** Updated New Info: GM Credit Card Holders....a change could be in your future

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Goldman Sachs Lands 2 Billion GM Credit Card Business

@Red1Blue wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Goos 

I currently have the card and no communications as of yet on the potential GS integration.  So, it may take a bit for current cardholders to learn of any upcoming changes.

I am in the market for new car. I know the Car and Credit Card Applications are different. Where does new applications for new GM Card go. Does the new applications go to GS for approval? I'll check out GM Card website and see what it says.

As mentioned a couple posts upthread, there are no GM credit card applications being accepted at this time. The link provided further upthread has the general information.

Message 41 of 54
Hex
Valued Contributor

GM Buypower card. Goldman Sachs new card information email sign up.

I was checking out the GM Buypower website and they are no longer taking applications. The card is going to transition to Goldman Sachs. They have a link to "receive information from Marcus by Goldman Sachs about new card products". I'm posting it here for anyone who's interested. 

https://www.buypowercard.com/gmrewardscards/?intcmp=bpc_Homepage

Message 42 of 54
BearsCubsOtters
Frequent Contributor

Re: GM Buypower card. Goldman Sachs new card information email sign up.

@Hex wrote:

I was checking out the GM Buypower website and they are no longer taking applications. The card is going to transition to Goldman Sachs. They have a link to "receive information from Marcus by Goldman Sachs about new card products". I'm posting it here for anyone who's interested. 

https://www.buypowercard.com/gmrewardscards/?intcmp=bpc_Homepage

Yeah, its been this way for a while. This purchase by GS from Capital One was announced in October 2020 and still no new card. They initially said it would be launched in September 2021...but here it is almost November 1st and no card.....it better be good.

Any current GM Card/Buy Power cardholders received any information from GS about your card? 

Message 43 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a letter in the mail this week about the switch to Goldman Sachs. No exact date was given, however.
Message 44 of 54
dmFICO8
Regular Contributor

I got a letter today to inform me that the GM Card will be moving from Capital One to Marcus by Goldman Sachs in February. More information will be provided in the coming weeks.
Message 45 of 54
James3
Contributor

Is there anything I should do or ask before the transfer from Capital One to Goldman Sachs? Also, what happens to my account history? My GM card is one of my oldest credit cards (2004).

FNBO Evergreen
GM Copper Card
Wells Fargo Signature
Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards
Citi Double Cash
Wells Fargo BILT
Message 46 of 54
dmFICO8
Regular Contributor

I just noticed the web site is updated, new applicant can apply for the new card now.

"THE ALL-NEW MY GM REWARDS CARD™ IS HERE"

https://experience.gm.com/rewards/card/my-gm-rewards-card

@James3 wrote:

Is there anything I should do or ask before the transfer from Capital One to Goldman Sachs? Also, what happens to my account history? My GM card is one of my oldest credit cards (2004).

You don't have to do anything. From experience when credit card transfers from one lender to another, "new account" will retain history of old account, and old account will either report closed/transferred or remove from credit report. If your gm card account is older than your AAoA (average age of accounts) and "old account" is reported closed, you get an AAoA boost from an extra closed account. My gm card is second oldest account, 3 months younger than my oldest, that's why I keep it open and like the transfer. As an existing holder, I still have not received any new info other than the February date.

Message 47 of 54
dmFICO8
Regular Contributor

I spoke too soon, I received the new GM Card terms and agreement in a big envelope today.

At this point, "expect a new card from Marcus to replace your existing card this winter", "Your account will automatically transition from Capital One to Marcus by Goldman Sachs in February 2022", "No impact to your credit score" and "No action is required by you at this time".

Message 48 of 54
James3
Contributor

You don't have to do anything. From experience when credit card transfers from one lender to another, "new account" will retain history of old account, and old account will either report closed/transferred or remove from credit report. If your gm card account is older than your AAoA (average age of accounts) and "old account" is reported closed, you get an AAoA boost from an extra closed account. My gm card is second oldest account, 3 months younger than my oldest, that's why I keep it open and like the transfer. As an existing holder, I still have not received any new info other than the February date.

Thanks, this is good news. I called Capital One today and confirmed that the entire account (including account opening date) transfers.

I was also poking around on the Marcus by Goldman Sachs site and found out that new cards will start arriving February 22.

FNBO Evergreen
GM Copper Card
Wells Fargo Signature
Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards
Citi Double Cash
Wells Fargo BILT
Message 49 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you think Goldman will be less strict with CLI's?

Cap 1 would not budge. I think they might have bucketed that card. 

Message 50 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.