Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goldman Sachs says Apple Card “most successful” launch ever

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Goldman Sachs says Apple Card “most successful” launch ever

I find this not at all surprising. People didn't really think the Apple Card would take off like it has but as soon as my "I have no use for credit" roommate expressed interest and then was approved for it, I realized it must be giving lots of people who wouldn't care about credit cards otherwise a great card option that's very easy to apply for and start using.  

https://9to5mac.com/2019/10/15/ceo-says-apple-card-best-credit-card-launch-ever/

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Re: Goldman Sachs says Apple Card “most successful” launch ever

Pretty smart having to app through only an apple product; be interesting to know their sales since the launch.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 2 of 6
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It really shouldn't be a surprise for an apple product.

Message 3 of 6
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Goldman Sachs CEO calling it "most successful" is really no shocker.
This is something only time will tell.
It's new and exciting, but we all know how people move on, Apple or not.
As far as Goldman Sachs' own role, perhaps "we couldn't get HP right", "we got reporting snag", "we took a bigger bite of that apple than we thought we could handle", would also be appropriate.

In the end, it will all come down to how many people are using this card down the road, past the honeymoon phase.
I've personally gotten excited over a few cards, only to move on once new shiny precious rectangle becomes available.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:
Goldman Sachs CEO calling it "most successful" is really no shocker.
This is something only time will tell.
It's new and exciting, but we all know how people move on, Apple or not.
As far as Goldman Sachs' own role, perhaps "we couldn't get HP right", "we got reporting snag", "we took a bigger bite of that apple than we thought we could handle", would also be appropriate.

In the end, it will all come down to how many people are using this card down the road, past the honeymoon phase.
I've personally gotten excited over a few cards, only to move on once new shiny precious rectangle becomes available.

I mean if I actually was able to use Apple Pay and didn't have my Miles giving me 3% after match, Apple Card would be my primary card. I love the integration with Wallet and the Daily Cash perk is awesome. 

I also love how Goldman dropped a hint that this is just the beginning for this card and we can expect more. 

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Heh, I actually saw my first one in the wild this past week while in Houston.

It's a nice looking card, feels nice too... though half a heartbeat later I remembered the rewards package was meh at best for me. 

That said even though I haven't really kept up in the past few months with all things credit related, I still know far more than the average consumer so I'm not surprised that it's done as well as it has.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.