Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google = Debit card?

tag
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Google = Debit card?

Hmmn a debit card offering from Google/Android?

https://techcrunch.com/2020/04/17/google-card/

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Google = Debit card?

I had a Google Wallet card several years ago when that was a thing. Then they neglected it, as they tend to do, and I moved on.

I try to avoid Google's new services now due to lack of trust in them continuing support. Good luck to them and all, but I'll see if it lasts 2 years.
Message 2 of 5
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I had a Google Wallet card several years ago when that was a thing. Then they neglected it, as they tend to do, and I moved on.

I try to avoid Google's new services now due to lack of trust in them continuing support. Good luck to them and all, but I'll see if it lasts 2 years.

+ 1

I had signed up for the digital wallet/credit card Coin in 2013.   The roll out of Coin was getting pushed back.  Also NFC was beginning to get traction.  I saw the demise of this small player.  I opted for my deposit back.  It was a cool tho.

Being Google helps so we will see how this shakes out for them Round II...

Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Why oh why a debit card though.  Seems backwards in this day and age of consumer spending.  Either that or truly enlightened if they know more than I do, which is entirely possible too.

        
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

Why oh why a debit card though.  Seems backwards in this day and age of consumer spending.  Either that or truly enlightened if they know more than I do, which is entirely possible too.

They tend to know our thoughts before we do lol

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.