Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Government Involvement: Good or Bad?

tag
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Government Involvement: Good or Bad?

https://email.quizzle.com/pub/sf/FormLink?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DWQpglLjHJlTQGnvUnRjvCUWXEfHzbOFE0PWTWUt84LB....

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Government Involvement: Good or Bad?

Im guessing that while it may help some people out, government involvement will be more of a negative than a positive.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ My thoughts as well.  

Message 3 of 33
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

^ My thoughts as well.  

+2. Anytime the government becomes involved, whatever it is suddenly becomes subjected (at least in part) to public opinion. The information that these bureaus are providing shouldn't be subjected to this potential bias, because there are millions of ignorant people out there who may get their way if they whine loudly enough. That isn't working as intended.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 4 of 33
ceejx
Established Contributor

+3 ... All government oversight is going to do is muddle the credit worthiness, they're probably going to collect demographic info so they modify credit info for more risky people because the gov't thinks they're "unfairly disadvantaged." All this is going to do is make creditors less likely to be willing to give out credit, that is until the gov't forces them to at threat of takeover.

Message 5 of 33
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Jeez, you all need to calm down with your "anti-government" attitudes. I'm sorry, but the roads you drive on... the schools your kids go to... the hospitals you need.. all funded and helped by YOUR gov't.

Anyone remember what it's like to be a broke college student? ( I am now!)

Furthermore, banking regulation is needed in this country (anyone remember the financial crisis that recently occured?)

Idk if anyone else here has had a fraud account on their report, but I have, and let me tell you... it's a pain in the a** to get it off bc as soon as you do.. the current collection Company always sells it EVEN though it's a fraud account.

I got the same email from Quizzle, and I'm glad the CFPB is trying to rein in erroneous credit reporting.

anyone remember that stat about 60% of all credit reports have inaccuracies? LOL

Best wishes :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 33
amex77

Not one thing you mentioned is funded by the government. They are funded by the taxpayer. The government is the middleman. They take our money and give it to someone else and we have very little say in the matter.

Message 7 of 33
Jlu
Established Contributor

Bad.

Always bad.

Always.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 8 of 33
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I can wee it from both sides of the fence, but it would be very nice if someone, anyone regulated these CB's!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Jeez, you all need to calm down with your "anti-government" attitudes. I'm sorry, but the roads you drive on... the schools your kids go to... the hospitals you need.. all funded and helped by YOUR gov't.

Anyone remember what it's like to be a broke college student? ( I am now!)

Furthermore, banking regulation is needed in this country (anyone remember the financial crisis that recently occured?)

Idk if anyone else here has had a fraud account on their report, but I have, and let me tell you... it's a pain in the a** to get it off bc as soon as you do.. the current collection Company always sells it EVEN though it's a fraud account.

I got the same email from Quizzle, and I'm glad the CFPB is trying to rein in erroneous credit reporting.

anyone remember that stat about 60% of all credit reports have inaccuracies? LOL

Best wishes :-)

++1

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.