cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Government suspends controversial program to recover money from adult children of dead taxpayers

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Government suspends controversial program to recover money from adult children of dead taxpayers

The Social Security Administration announced Monday it is suspending a controversial program that goes after adult children of deceased taxpayers who the government claims were recipients of overpayments more than a decade ago.......

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/14/social-security-administration-suspends-program-to-recove...

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Government suspends controversial program to recover money from adult children of dead taxpayers

What scares me most is that it was hidden in a bill and no one saw it until it was executed ....Wow 

How's that happen......like 26 billion in toilet funding gov waste huh

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Government suspends controversial program to recover money from adult children of dead taxpayers

I'm glad they are suspendng it. I read about it a few days ago and couldnt believe what I was reading. 

Message 3 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Smiley Frustrated About time! It's sad when the news agencies have to get the government to do the right thing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@myjourney wrote:

What scares me most is that it was hidden in a bill and no one saw it until it was executed ....Wow 

Exactly !  Is anyone even reading this stuff before they vote??

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 9
mechanicaljen
Regular Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Probably not.

Message 6 of 9
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

@mechanicaljen wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

Probably not.

Message 7 of 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Hey everyone. Keep in mind that the TOS forbids any discussions on Politics. 

• Discussions including race, nationality, sex, religion, politics;
Message 8 of 9
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

It's for our own good. 

"But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy."

If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.